Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARRC Qualifying...

Originally posted by GKR_17@Nov 12 2005, 05:11 AM
    Don't forget that turn 10 was reconfigured this year, and is faster than last before.

Grafton
    [snapback]65218[/snapback]

OHH MAAANNN :119:

How was it changed?? I was registered an got sick on departure day so I really sick now, missing the great weather and racing.

Tell me about the revised turn 10 please!!!

Originally posted by greendot@Nov 12 2005, 10:37 AM
    Tell me about the revised turn 10 please!!!
    [snapback]65244[/snapback]
    Yes please when was it redone and how much do you think it is faster?
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Originally posted by m glassburner@Nov 12 2005, 03:26 PM
    I feel like a crack addict :119: I need another timing and scoring fix !!! A little help !!!
    [snapback]65235[/snapback]

Guys... PLEASE post the car model/type with the quoted times... Those of us out West don't always know who's in what...

Thanks for the updates...

Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

ARRC 's website has those car types and drivers you are looking for...it's under entry list...

Originally posted by Joe Harlan@Nov 12 2005, 06:12 PM
    Yes please when was it redone and how much do you think it is faster?
    [snapback]65246[/snapback]
    As I recall, it was changed over the winter before the 2005 season. The apex for 10a was expanded, and allows for an easier line through 10b. I doubt it's worth a full second, but woud easily believe a few tenths. I also hear second hand that Hoosier had some new stuff out, and should recieve some credit for these record times as well.

Grafton

Originally posted by GKR_17@Nov 13 2005, 02:12 AM
    I also hear second hand that Hoosier had some new stuff out, and should recieve some credit for these record times as well.

Grafton
    [snapback]65259[/snapback]
    Hoosier did announce a recontoured R3S05 tire that promised to not wear the shoulders so quickly. It's on their website. Could have helped by keeping the tread surface in better contact.

Originally posted by m glassburner@Nov 11 2005, 06:16 PM
    Chris appears to have had problems in the first session....it looks like he's 13th
    [snapback]65203[/snapback]
    The car had teething problems during both of the sprint race qualifying sessions, but managed to put down a good time for the Pro-IT, and then go on to win it. After that, the problem seemed to be solved. Car ran great for the sprint race; just couldn't overcome the combined B/C grouping and starting 21st overall.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

In response to two things:
    1. 10a and 10b didn't seem any different to me from last year. The cars were just flat out hauling, that's it. I think acrossed the board this year, people were just busting their ass. From Monday after last years ARRC, people immediately started talking about "wait until next year" when it came to ITA and ITC. I know I was, and I put an absurd amount of work into my car in the next 12 months to take 1.5 seconds off of my fastest lap time.

2. If anyone was running on S05's, they didn't seem to be head and shoulders above the S04's.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I qualified under the ITC track record and started 5th.
    Wow.

I'd love to say "Wait til next year" but my car didn't make it through the enduro.
    RIP #22.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Originally posted by R2 Racing@Nov 14 2005, 04:38 PM
    10a and 10b didn't seem any different to me from last year.
    Ditto, re:2003. I ran 45's in ITS in '03, and saw the same folks running a second faster in '04. I figured at the time I had another couple of seconds left in driver and car prep.

Like Kevin said, folks were just bustin' ass this year. Can't wait to see what next year looks like...!

If anyone was running on S05's, they didn't seem to be head and shoulders above the S04's.
    And, in fact, I spoke to an ITA competitor that switched back to S04s...

Originally posted by GregAmy@Nov 14 2005, 03:09 PM
    Ditto, re:2003. I ran 45's in ITS in '03, and saw the same folks running a second faster in '04. I figured at the time I had another couple of seconds left in driver and car prep.

Like Kevin said, folks were just bustin' ass this year. Can't wait to see what next year looks like...!
    And, in fact, I spoke to an ITA competitor that switched back to S04s...
    [snapback]65358[/snapback]

I would give 10a and 10b another .2 seconds from last year, tops... If you push it through 10a, you still end up on the outside rumble strips in 10b. We did a TON of development (correction, my dad did a TON) this year. We were about 1.5 seconds faster at Mid-Ohio in July, and 1.5 seconds faster at Road Atlanta during the ARRC. The field was much much faster than I anticipated. I thought Serra would be in the low to mid 1:42's in his new Integra, so we were pushing for a 1.5 second improvement. Didn't know that there would be several people running those times!

RE: Hoosier S05's. We ran with the new tires, and the durability is much better than the SO4's. They continue to do a great job developing the tires every year. I'm not sure about the grip performance improvement. We ran ALL day on Thursday with 1 set of tires, and we really abuse those things!!

Joe Moser
    --------------------------------------------------
    Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

Originally posted by GKR_17@Nov 12 2005, 05:11 AM
    Don't forget that turn 10 was reconfigured this year, and is faster than last before.
    From what I could see, it was just resurfaced. I was glad to see it though. The bump that used to be there caught me out last year resulting in a spin on the first lap!

Ed.
    Edwin Ho
    #65 SM
    www.ehmotorsports.org

Originally posted by Joe Moser@Nov 15 2005, 02:27 AM
    RE: Hoosier S05's. We ran with the new tires, and the durability is much better than the SO4's.
    To add to how good the S05s last, we used the same set of tires we ran in one qualifying session + the sprint race for the entire 3 hour enduro on Sunday and the tires still look like they have a lot of tread left. Are these things not made out of rubber?

Regarding T10, the inside is resurfaced. You can still take pretty much the same line as in the past, but it is a lot easier on the car when doing so.
    Alex Muresan
    #84 ITA

Originally posted by Hracer@Nov 15 2005, 02:03 AM
    To add to how good the S05s last, we used the same set of tires we ran in one qualifying session + the sprint race for the entire 3 hour enduro on Sunday and the tires still look like they have a lot of tread left. Are these things not made out of rubber?
    Are you serious? Holy crap! That's awfully impressive. I have to say though, it appeared to me that Road Atlanta was quite easy on tires (if you get your camber set right).
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX