Thread: Miata Bell Housings

I need some help in where to go looking for cross references on what transmissions will fit a 1.8l Miata.

I need a bell housing, seperate from the transmission, like the big American iron build them, that will mate to a Miata motor. I know its a common transmission across Mazda stuff, but I've never seen the Japanese build them anything but one pc. I'd prefer to find one that already exists rather than trying to build my own.

Any suggestions for locations to go look (Spec Miata page does come to mind) would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt

Originally posted by MMiskoe@Nov 11 2005, 12:34 AM
    I need some help in where to go looking for cross references on what transmissions will fit a 1.8l Miata.

I need a bell housing, seperate from the transmission, like the big American iron build them, that will mate to a Miata motor. I know its a common transmission across Mazda stuff, but I've never seen the Japanese build them anything but one pc. I'd prefer to find one that already exists rather than trying to build my own.

Any suggestions for locations to go look (Spec Miata page does come to mind) would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt
    [snapback]65144[/snapback]
    How about the guys at Planet Miata.com?
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Matt - Hustle thyself over to www.miatanet.com and go surfing the forums, possibly the Engine Conversions.

Also, take a look at Randy Stocker's pages at www.solomiata.com , which is a wealth of information about these engines.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged