Thread: 3.73 E36 LSD Diff

OK guys I been working on my Diff for the pass 2 months, I have not be able to finish it because I moved into my new house and I got engaged. but any ways I got a question for all of you guys.....

If I add up another clutch on each side plus the allready worn out, the preload it will be enough to increase my lock-up to 50-60% ??????

I just think that the factory 25% doesn't cut it.

I talk to James Clay but he does not know he call around for me but nothing, the only answer i got was DIFFSONLINE.COM but they told me they will build it for me but they would not guide me on the right dirrection.

Any tips are welcome.

I heard about another option call (ramp angle) is a modification that I have no Idea how it is or how it works !!!!!

thanks for your help.

Originally posted by rj325its@Nov 9 2005, 07:12 PM
    OK guys I been working on my Diff for the pass 2 months, I have not be able to finish it because I moved into my new house and I got engaged. but any ways I got a question for all of you guys.....

If I add up another clutch on each side plus the allready worn out, the preload it will be enough to increase my lock-up to 50-60% ??????

I just think that the factory 25% doesn't cut it.
    I talk to James Clay but he does not know he call around for me but nothing, the only answer i got was DIFFSONLINE.COM but they told me they will build it for me but they would not guide me on the right dirrection.

Any tips are welcome.

I heard about another option call (ramp angle) is a modification that I have no Idea how it is or how it works !!!!!

thanks for your help.
    [snapback]65054[/snapback]

Spend the money and have it built by a professional. Diffs are waaaaaaay to complicated to build without the proper tooling or experience.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER