Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neon weight in race trim?

Originally posted by Rabbit07@Nov 21 2005, 01:05 PM
    It is true that the pedal will seem longer with the engine running. Have you actually seated the pads on the rotors?
    [snapback]66160[/snapback]
    The pads were on before the problem developed.

I considered the vacuum booster but was told by one of the guys at Blackforest Tuning that it wasn't the problem. Sounds to me like it would be, but I'm still in the learning stages when it comes to working on the cars. I just drive 'em!

I have raced many endurance races in a SSC Neon and we never had any braking issue's ( 12 Hour Summit Point, 10 Huers Du Mans, 12 Hours Homestead and countless smaller enduro's).

If any of you need brake fluid or brake pads contact Edwin at www.raceshopper.com not only does he have the best prices around but he's a Neon racer himself with an ITA Neon and a stock 01 ACR. He is very knowledgeable as its his business.

I myself away's use Castrol SRF and have never had fluid issue's. I use Hawk Blue's up front and HT-10's out back. Never any issue's. Replace those pistons when they wear and you should be all set. They do as Chris said dissapate the heat better.
    Greg Meindl
    #74 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #75 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #84 Dodge Neon ACR ITA Enduro
    #74 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe TA SVRA
    #74 Pontiac Firebird Formula T2 Sold on its way to Arizona !
    #74 Dodge SRT-4 T2 Sold residing in Indiana

I have raced many endurance races in a SSC Neon and we never had any braking issue's ( 12 Hour Summit Point, 10 Huers Du Mans, 12 Hours Homestead and countless smaller enduro's).
    Greg, were you with the Neon that ran the 10 Huers Du Mans this year?(I think there was only one)

Dave

Originally posted by Woody@Nov 22 2005, 10:39 PM
    Greg, were you with the Neon that ran the 10 Huers Du Mans this year?(I think there was only one)
    Dave
    [snapback]66417[/snapback]
    No I wasn't there this year. I've been really busy and have missed out on running all the enduro's lately.
    As soon as I figure out how to get 28 hours into a 24 hour day I'll be fine. Thats why I am trying to get this ITA conversion sorted out well before the season begins.
    Greg Meindl
    #74 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #75 Dodge Neon ACR ITA

Originally posted by GregM@Nov 23 2005, 03:11 PM
    No I wasn't there this year. I've been really busy and have missed out on running all the enduro's lately.
    As soon as I figure out how to get 28 hours into a 24 hour day I'll be fine. Thats why I am trying to get this ITA conversion sorted out well before the season begins.
    [snapback]66447[/snapback]
    Yes, I fully understand the 24 hour day problem! I ran the 10 hour Gingerman race this year for the first time(Spec Miata) and what a blast. That was probably one of the biggest influences to me buying the Neon, the Miata may not be availible next year and I want to run that race again! I am suprised that with all the sucess the east coast Enduros seem to have that there is not a waiting list for the Gingerman race. I thought Midwestern Council did a great job running the event.

Originally posted by Woody@Nov 24 2005, 10:29 AM
    Yes, I fully understand the 24 hour day problem! I ran the 10 hour Gingerman race this year for the first time(Spec Miata) and what a blast. That was probably one of the biggest influences to me buying the Neon, the Miata may not be availible next year and I want to run that race again! I am suprised that with all the sucess the east coast Enduros seem to have that there is not a waiting list for the Gingerman race. I thought Midwestern Council did a great job running the event.
    [snapback]66567[/snapback]
    They did do a great job running the Gingerman race but its far and not much near there. Homestead seemed to have the same problem with being so far down south but the track is great and the Florida SCCA guys that ran it did a great job too. Very low turnout I thought.
    Now the 12 Hours at Summit Point is a lottery no less.
    We did have an SCCA 3 hour enduro at Lime Rock but now thats at NHIS, another long haul.
    Greg Meindl
    #74 Dodge Neon ACR ITA
    #75 Dodge Neon ACR ITA