Rob,

No forgiveness neccessary. While we should talk more at the track, I suspect you are on the up and up. And I have a feeling you feel the ITAC is too. We just need more info.

I guess for me, the fact you "know" the stcok EM can't be improved upon isn't good enough (No offense intended). Take my situation. In building the IT Miata, I have info from Sunbelt that the cars will make only about 7 more hp than in SM trim...WHAT??? The EM on the MIata is like a little header...so off-the-shelf stuff isn't much, if any, of an improvement. So I had to go to a Production builder who makes headers for GT and Prod cars for a custom unit that is the latest and greatest. Gonna cost me but it needs to be done.

I talked to that builder today and when I was describing all the things you can do in IT prep, he was dismissing them as 'only one or two hp here and there" - well guess what? When I run in ITA in NER, I am going to need that cumulative 10 hp to even SEE the MSN Integra's and BBRacing 240SX's. Here is what I would say:

Custom header
Shave head (gain .5 of compression)
Port manifolds
Valve job
Balance/Blueprint
Fuel pressure regulator (Have you done dyno development?)
Turner makes their own pully sets - have them make one for the 4cyl Z3...

I know this is exactly what you didn't want to hear but how are we all supposed to believe that none of this makes a difference until someone does it? Why wouldn't it? Someone just wrote in and asked us class teh Integra Type R in ITS. At 195hp stock it would seem it is outside the envelope but that is as close to an IT motor from the factory as I have seen...are you saying that this Z3 motor is as developed from BMW?