Thread: BMW E36 (ITS) Ring sizes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Originally posted by Doc Bro@Nov 11 2005, 09:34 AM
    [SIZE=7]EXACTLY MY POINT!!
    +6 to reflash the computer (given it matches to the ambient conditions every weekend)

Sorry for the hijack on this thread...it is because I am struggling to find info from BMW too!!!!
    Rob
    [snapback]65159[/snapback]
    Hey Rob,

Look what I found on the OBDII

318ti OBDII Article

Looks like any attempt to change OBDII is fruitless for the M-44. I suspose that's why J.Conforti hasn't produced any software for it, and the only thing Dinan gives you is an increased rev limit and nothing else. I know someone who was all prepared to buy the Dinan software and was talked out of it by the sales guy. Best thing that can be done to the M44 is to plant the Downing Antlanta Supercharger kit on it

I'm saying a custom header won't give you much when that's not what limits the engine. Actually the stock manifold is a 4-2-1 and tuned to go with the two stage intake. which means that it's about as good as it gets optimation wise. I think the real limit in this engine is the cams/lifters/valve springs. If we could tune for more revs then we'd see an increase in naturally asperated power. Bottom end wise I'd think it could routinely handle 7-7.5k rpms given a good set of baffles and an accusump.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Originally posted by Z3_GoCar@Nov 11 2005, 10:19 PM
    Hey Rob,

Look what I found on the OBDII

318ti OBDII Article

Looks like any attempt to change OBDII is fruitless for the M-44. I suspose that's why J.Conforti hasn't produced any software for it, and the only thing Dinan gives you is an increased rev limit and nothing else. I know someone who was all prepared to buy the Dinan software and was talked out of it by the sales guy. Best thing that can be done to the M44 is to plant the Downing Antlanta Supercharger kit on it

I'm saying a custom header won't give you much when that's not what limits the engine. Actually the stock manifold is a 4-2-1 and tuned to go with the two stage intake. which means that it's about as good as it gets optimation wise. I think the real limit in this engine is the cams/lifters/valve springs. If we could tune for more revs then we'd see an increase in naturally asperated power. Bottom end wise I'd think it could routinely handle 7-7.5k rpms given a good set of baffles and an accusump.

James
    [snapback]65219[/snapback]
    Thats a start. I guess you guys think that all the time we spent cracking the code on the Nissans years ago was easy....Oh and there is always the Motec option.
    GTL Nissan Sentra
    DP 240sx
    Vintage BS 510
    ITS 240z
    I just type like a pompous ass!
    http://www.saveclubracing.com

Originally posted by Z3_GoCar@Nov 11 2005, 10:19 PM
    I'm saying a custom header won't give you much when that's not what limits the engine. Actually the stock manifold is a 4-2-1 and tuned to go with the two stage intake. which means that it's about as good as it gets optimation wise.
    [snapback]65219[/snapback]
    And how many headers have been designed and dyno tested to come to this conclusion? My guess is this is "common knowledge" just like with the 944, yet there ARE headers that make more than common knowledge believes.

My point is that you're saying you're done before you've undergone any development and testing work in this area.

Your request is not well founded.
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com