Originally posted by Geo@Nov 12 2005, 12:01 AM
Cars have to be classified based upon their potential and if their potential is unknown it has to be speculated upon based upon known factors.
[snapback]65200[/snapback]
Define a "known factor" on a car that is newly classified and just finished its first full year of IT eligibility. Apples to apple or apples to oranges. A Z3 compared to a known Integra is apples to oranges with all due respect. No one truly knows the potential of a Z3. Myself included admittedly. My stance is based on the fact that its "potential" is overestimated relative to its weight. My opinion is based on the fact that I (and Noam, and the 2 other guys in the US ambitious enough to take on this car) have done more research on it than anyone in the ITAC or CRB that's all. My point is that the huge cost and countless hours needed to prove this point are solely the burden of the competitor. The ITAC can use a (forgive me) "mysterious" formula, have the power of veto ( by saying "yes but you don't have Motec or xxx) and it's the carowners responsibility to $$$prove$$$ them wrong if that is possible. I guess it's the ambiguity that confuses me If this is just my naivity please forgive me. It's never been my contention to offend anyone. I feel that this is sort of a case of "you can't fight Capitol Hill".

If I am out of line please just tell me what % increase was used in classifying the Z3, and what evidence was used to derive that number.

PS iI too run a passenger seat and spare tire to make weight.

Rob "still trying to learn the system" Breault