Thread: Turn signal problem on '95 Tahoe

Thumbs up

Help me w/ this, guys. My left turn signal flashes rapidly w/ no light in rear. I replaced the bulb but it made no difference. Last weekend I towed my trailer and it actually seemed to work OK w/ the trailer hooked up but not w/o.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

electrical rule one. when unexplained things happen test for a good ground
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Electrical Troubleshooting Rule #2: When #1 doesn't work, your best friend is the wiring diagram and a test light or multi-meter.

Electrical Troubleshooting Rule #3: Other folks can rarely help you with electrical problems via telephone and/or Internet, unfortunately. Revert back to Rules 1 and 2...

Originally posted by GregAmy@Nov 6 2005, 10:03 PM

Electrical Troubleshooting Rule #3: Other folks can rarely help you with electrical problems via telephone and/or Internet, unfortunately.
    [snapback]64744[/snapback]
    not always true greg. they can remind you of the rules.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

I posted because I thought that set of specific symptoms might give a pretty good indication of where the problem had to be. I now know that was in the bulb, socket, or wiring to it - it would not be the flasher itself. W/ that knowledge I went back and cleaned the contacts really good and it worked. There is some kind of adhesive in there - I guess to hold the bulb in - and it looked like it melted and covered the contacts. Anyway, now I'm good to go (to the ARRC).
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Originally posted by bldn10@Nov 7 2005, 11:50 AM
    I now know that was in the bulb, socket, or wiring to it - it would not be the flasher itself. W/ that knowledge I went back and cleaned the contacts really good and it worked.
    [snapback]64778[/snapback]
    I apoligise. that was self eveident to me but I have always had a pretty easy time with electrical diagnoisis so I skipped that fact. sorry I was not more help.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7