Thread: PDE's

I have been waiting for these to get started as my wife is going to run our miata in them to get some track experience.

So, a few weekends ago at CMP I notice some street cars running around the track during lunch, and then throughout the day. Turns out it is a PDE event.
    Where is the schedule for these things? I havent seen anything on these.

I emailed the SCCA and have yet to get a response. Guess I'll have to send another one...

Hi Matt,

I don't know if the SCCA is really going to give you a great response since the idea of "track days" is still relatively knew to most regions.

I'm not sure where CMP is, but you might simply check their website or call the track directly to see what clubs are running on what date.

If you're anywhere near the Northeast, I started compiling stuff a few years ago and listed most of the stuff here: http://www.nerdsracing.com/event_list_03_a.htm

Hope this helps. Good luck on your search, and if there is anything listed on the site that you need clarification on, then feel free to contact me.

Ciao for now,
    -dave
    8)

I was just wondering why they dont post a yearly schedule for these things like they do for everything else. I wonder how those people at the track even knew about the event.

I actually live in Charlotte. Perfectly centralized with Roebling, RA, Lowes, CMP, and VIR all within less then a 4 hour drive. I dont think I could have picked a better location if I'd planned it.

turn1motorsports

Turn One does the Track Days at CMP. Great people.
    1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Originally posted by Team SSR@Nov 9 2005, 10:27 AM
    turn1motorsports

Turn One does the Track Days at CMP. Great people.
    [snapback]65008[/snapback]
    Turn One are _GREAT_ people! We've run several HPDEs at Kershaw (CMP) with them and other groups, as well as a handful of SCCA Regional races. Like the track but love the folks at Turn One.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion