Some of you guys may want to take a closer look at their insurance. Especially if you're running at the Glen, or any other "relatively unsafe" track. You'd be surprised what your coverages are, assuming their insurance is nationwide and not Regional. I know I don't want to so much as scrape my knee at a NASA event here.
The subject of NASA vs. SCCA insurance came up a couple years back. As I recall a ex SCCA regional director/ NASA participant said the coverages were very close to each other. I have not read either sanctioning bodies policy personally. From what I have heard both have their advantages and disadvantages to the other. I can say I have been in NASA race control when a Helivac was needed. There was not a hesitation calling in the helicopter. In fact if I remeber correctly a corner worker called in the driver was unconsious and not breathing. The helicopter was dispatched before the ambulance was at the accident. After watching that first hand, I would not question NASA's insurance policy.