Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing Horsepower...

Originally posted by Knestis@Oct 29 2005, 08:45 PM
    IT2 is dead - long live ITA.

A has ended up being pretty much what we proposed - defined around the Integra and 240sx - but without leaving the 'tweeners a place to be competitive.

K
    [snapback]63985[/snapback]

Don't put to much stock in that conclusion........not yet at least.....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I say call it ITA. Call the current ITS ITB. ITA becomes ITC, ITB becomes ITD, and ITC becomes ITE. Nice and simple and logical.
    George Roffe
    Houston, TX
    84 944 ITS car under construction
    92 ITS Sentra SE-R occasionally borrowed
    http://www.nissport.com

If you're going to jack up the whole name structure, do something that doesn't include the old designations in new places and go IT1 (fastest), IT2, IT3, IT4, and IT5 (slowest). That also mimics the designations used for GT and Touring classes.

This is all pretty academic unless the strategic plan under consideration is ACTUALLY strategic, rather than simply nibbling around the edges of the current system.

Hmm...

K

Originally posted by Banzai240@Oct 29 2005, 04:02 PM
    Maybe even the E36 at 2650lbs with no restrictor...
    [snapback]63969[/snapback]

hahahahahhahahaha

sad that i enjoy this even though i race a bmw
    #38 ITS BMW
    Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs
    Tim Schreyer

Originally posted by Banzai240@Oct 29 2005, 09:02 AM
    Not really... No turbo Mustangs, BIG wings, or anything like that...

More like Boxters, M3 BMWs, 300Z Nissans, etc...

2.5-3.5 Litre engines, etc...

Maybe even the E36 at 2650lbs with no restrictor...
    [snapback]63969[/snapback]
    How about the Z3 2.8l, it's 4 cylinder brother's been classed for a couple of years now and the 2.8 came out only a year after the four.

Then we could class the first gen S-2000 while we're at it I see quiet a few of those at DE's. The IS-300 that was mentioned a few theads ago, would be a good addition. Any more to add to this list??

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Originally posted by Geo@Oct 30 2005, 10:43 AM
    I say call it ITA. Call the current ITS ITB. ITA becomes ITC, ITB becomes ITD, and ITC becomes ITE. Nice and simple and logical.
    [snapback]64012[/snapback]
    You're kidding, right George?

I don't really like the numerical designations, kinda hoses things up if you ever do insert a class, mid-stream.

I actually like ITR.

Here's my take:

ITGT
    ITR
    ITS
    IT2
    ITA
    ITB
    ITC

If we can only get one, lop off ITGT and IT2.

Originally posted by Knestis@Oct 30 2005, 12:45 AM
    ...defined around the Integra and 240sx - but without leaving the 'tweeners a place to be competitive.

K
    [snapback]63985[/snapback]
    Just for the record... ITA is NOT defined around the Integra or the 240SX... If we did that, it wouldn't leave the "tweeners a place to be competitive."...
    Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

ITR and ITGT sound good to me. As far at "Type R", there weren't enough real ones of those around to worry about people thinking it is for "Type R" cars. Whatever Type R means. Sure are a lot of Hondas with fart cans running around with Type R badges though.

R

Originally posted by Banzai240@Oct 31 2005, 06:49 PM
    Just for the record... ITA is NOT defined around the Integra or the 240SX... If we did that, it wouldn't leave the "tweeners a place to be competitive."...
    [snapback]64124[/snapback]
    just out of curiosity what cars are spot on as it stands in ITA. I know it has been said the the rx7 and 240z are almost perfect in ITS
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Originally posted by dickita15@Oct 31 2005, 07:16 PM
    just out of curiosity what cars are spot on as it stands in ITA. I know it has been said the the rx7 and 240z are almost perfect in ITS
    [snapback]64131[/snapback]
    I'll let the senior members field that one.....

Darin? Andy? George?

MY answer would be that it is currewntly in process, stay tuned....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Originally posted by dickita15@Oct 31 2005, 07:16 PM
    [snapback]64131[/snapback]
    Anything that has been recently classified:

SE-R
    Neons
    NX2000
    2.0 16V GTI
    etc.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

How about IT0 for British IT cars that don't actually race?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Originally posted by Z3_GoCar@Oct 30 2005, 09:59 PM
    How about the Z3 2.8l, it's 4 cylinder brother's been classed for a couple of years now and the 2.8 came out only a year after the four.

Then we could class the first gen S-2000 while we're at it I see quiet a few of those at DE's. The IS-300 that was mentioned a few theads ago, would be a good addition. Any more to add to this list??

James
    [snapback]64038[/snapback]
    James,
    ....I'm with you on this one. I am building a 98 Z3 2.8 to run in T2 next year. Sure would be nice to have a place to go in 2008.
    ....I have retired my RX7 from IT7 ( except for the ARRC) and I'm going to run ITA in 2006. So far I have one win at VIR. So, as long as I stay away from Road Atlanta I should have a chance. I'm a little down on HP compared to the Acura Integra but I think I have some room for improvement in a few areas. So it's time to step up and try.
    ....Have you been doing anything with your BMW? I really like the Z3 body style. It has the Classic Sports Car Appeal.

....Rick Thompson
    ITA ....84 RX7
    SM .....93 & 97 Miata
    T2 ......98 BMW Z3 2.8

A helluva a drive by Rick v. two fast Acuras. ITA had a great race on Sunday morning. Top 5 were two Acuras, Rick (winning) and two Hondas. Fun to watch.

NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Thanks Jeff,

...It was definitely a good race to watch, The Acura's of Mark Carpenter and Tim Dejoris were the class of the field. I saved my car for the last two laps and it sure got interesting real quick when it came time to try to move to the front.

...Mark was holding his own out front coming through "Hog Pen" turn when he slipped and went wide on exit and ended up doing some agricultural racing down towards the trees then found his way back to the front straight.

... Tim took over the lead and I took the opportunity to move in and try to find a way around. I felt that my best chance was the left hand turn after the uphill esses. I closed within a car length by turn 5, right where I wanted to be. We started down the short straight under the bridge and I saw a puff of smoke come out from under Tim's car (missed shift). Then he slowed, so I moved to pass on the right. He did not see me and moved over into my line. I grazed the back bumper on his car and spun to avoid the collision. I did my best to keep the car on the black stuff and did a complete 360 and aimed her into Oak Tree just as Mark was catching back up. Unfortunately for Tim his problems were terminal (dropped valve)

....That set up a drag race between me and Mark with him spotting me about six car lengths. I'm just glad that was the last lap. Mark and Tim both drove a good race. I hope to race with Mark again sometime.

....To bad I didn't have a tape in the camera ...........arrrggghhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by dickita15@Nov 1 2005, 09:25 PM
    thanks andy but I was really looking for some cars that have been campaigned for a while. while the additions may be a good fit i was really looking for a car that had well developed examples. your examples have not really reached thier potential yet because they were so outclassed in ITS
    [snapback]64215[/snapback]
    Good Point...

But, the idea with ITA, just like ITS, is to bring cars toward a "middle"... In the case of ITA, I can't really give you a concrete example right now (I'm at work and my spreadsheet is at home) of cars that already fit the target, but suffice it to say that the target is somewhere between the top cars in the class and the bottom cars in the class... Adjustments need to be made accordingly to bring the two more toward each other...

The cars Andy mentioned were classified using the target parameters...
    Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Oct 31 2005, 08:58 PM
    Anything that has been recently classified:

SE-R
    Neons
    NX2000
    2.0 16V GTI
    etc.

AB
    [snapback]64138[/snapback]
    thanks andy but I was really looking for some cars that have been campaigned for a while. while the additions may be a good fit i was really looking for a car that had well developed examples. your examples have not really reached thier potential yet because they were so outclassed in ITS
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

thanks Darin
    if you get a chance to look it up I wold still like to get a better feel for the target.
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

Dick, just by eyeballing it sure seems like that the middle of the road ITA car would weigh 2200-2300 lbs and have 120-150 hp stock, with an IT potential of maybe 15-20 above that.

But I am guessing.

The class leaders are obviously the Integra, the CRX and the 240SX, with the ITA RX7 right there as well in some divisions and farther behind in others. There are fast 325es around as well. I think most agree that the ITA MR2 is outclassed.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I know, I know! Pick me! Pick me!

It's the AMC Spirt!!! :P

Seriously, given that the ITAC folks have stated that the Acura/Nissan/CRX are above the target, I'm somewhat at a loss as to what the existing examples are. My best guess is the 1st gen. RX7.