Thread: My video-how NOT to take the Bus Stop @ the Glen

Originally posted by Ben 84 RX-7@Oct 25 2005, 02:25 PM
    http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2KS36DX...RA2KN7RZDY4CDHW
    [snapback]63482[/snapback]
    Hey Ben,

It looks like you learned that from one of my school videos.

Are we safe to assume that the only thing damaged was your ego?
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Originally posted by gsbaker@Oct 25 2005, 07:34 PM
    Hey Ben,

It looks like you learned that from one of my school videos.

Are we safe to assume that the only thing damaged was your ego?
    [snapback]63494[/snapback]
    Yup...car is still straight! I qualified 3rd in class...5th on the grid. The start was S-L-O-W! We took the green at about 30 mph. Needless to say...my '84 RX-7 is not a torque monster! I got smoked by all the Hondas when the green flew and I was frustrated to say the least! This was a prime example of driving frustrated instead of intelligently. You can see that I lose the rear at the exact time that I hit the concrete patch.

By the way Gregg...Jake Gulick told me to contact you about an Isaac setup. I am definitely going to get one H+N system in one form or another before next season!
    #94 ST-4 RX-7 EMRA

Originally posted by Ben 84 RX-7@Oct 25 2005, 04:43 PM
    Yup...car is still straight! I qualified 3rd in class...5th on the grid. The start was S-L-O-W! We took the green at about 30 mph. Needless to say...my '84 RX-7 is not a torque monster! I got smoked by all the Hondas when the green flew and I was frustrated to say the least! This was a prime example of driving frustrated instead of intelligently. You can see that I lose the rear at the exact time that I hit the concrete patch.

By the way Gregg...Jake Gulick told me to contact you about an Isaac setup. I am definitely going to get one H+N system in one form or another before next season!
    [snapback]63509[/snapback]
    Jake? Oh, I don't know about that guy...

Your spin reminds me of my first spin, which was at an SCCA school. It was one of those infield road courses, perfectly flat with a grass runoff that seemed to go on forever. I was in an open-cockpit car and distinctly remember blue sky, clouds and grass clippings all spinning around.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Originally posted by gsbaker@Oct 25 2005, 05:00 PM

[snapback]63512[/snapback]

funny guy........

sucks Ben! I wish they would pave all the gravel traps, although it would put a big dent in shop vac sales!

At least you don't have blue armco paint on the car! Good idea on the H&NR ...gregg has some great products at all price points.

Gregg, be nice to ben,as Ben's a guy who knows some cops in your neck of the woods...........
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Geez Ben, you did that in the dry? I was really expecting to see video from Saturday in somewhat more "challenging" conditions!
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Originally posted by gsbaker@Oct 25 2005, 04:00 PM

Your spin reminds me of my first spin, which was at an SCCA school. It was one of those infield road courses, perfectly flat with a grass runoff that seemed to go on forever. I was in an open-cockpit car and distinctly remember blue sky, clouds and grass clippings all spinning around.
    [snapback]63512[/snapback]
    dont need the vid...i passed you while you were in there....and btw, i have a brand new isaac junior for sale..my codriver did not like it so i went with g force for me...good to meet you...did you hear about the enduro debacle ben?...we qualified 3rd overall and maybe won our class...still waiting to hear

Hey Ben - its Jo from Smartys Auto! Great video - in our neck of the woods, we have nothing but dialup ISP service available so I'll have to have Robert come down to my office in Catskill to view it (where I have cable modem svc.). I told him about the video and he said .... :119: :P - and is very glad u didnt hurt the car!
    He's off to Nelson Ledges in Ohio this weekend for the final enduro in the NESCCA enduro series and looks good for winning the 2005 championship
    Take care - call if you need anything!

Originally posted by garyk@Oct 26 2005, 03:09 PM
    dont need the vid...i passed you while you were in there....and btw, i have a brand new isaac junior for sale..my codriver did not like it so i went with g force for me...good to meet you...did you hear about the enduro debacle ben?...we qualified 3rd overall and maybe won our class...still waiting to hear
    [snapback]63629[/snapback]
    Gary - good to meet you too! Iheard there was some sort of mix-up at the enduro. About the Isaac...what is a jr? Shoot me a PM with a price and if you have pics you can send them to [email protected]

Thanks!
    #94 ST-4 RX-7 EMRA

Originally posted by Wreckerboy@Oct 26 2005, 11:38 AM
    Geez Ben, you did that in the dry? I was really expecting to see video from Saturday in somewhat more "challenging" conditions!
    [snapback]63594[/snapback]
    Rob...without rain tires (just my completely shaved down Toyo's!) saturday would have been a complete travesty!!! I have to get some rain tires! Sitting out SUCKED!!!!!
    #94 ST-4 RX-7 EMRA

Originally posted by crewchic@Oct 26 2005, 04:50 PM
    Hey Ben - its Jo from Smartys Auto! Great video - in our neck of the woods, we have nothing but dialup ISP service available so I'll have to have Robert come down to my office in Catskill to view it (where I have cable modem svc.). I told him about the video and he said .... :119: :P - and is very glad u didnt hurt the car!
    He's off to Nelson Ledges in Ohio this weekend for the final enduro in the NESCCA enduro series and looks good for winning the 2005 championship
    Take care - call if you need anything!
    [snapback]63649[/snapback]
    Hey Jo! Small world! Tell Bob I hope he clinches it!

Talk to you soon I'm sure!
    #94 ST-4 RX-7 EMRA