Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CenDiv ARRC go'ers...

I was talking with Joe Moser and we discussed the idea of trying to get together a "CenDiv Drivers" area in the paddock. Right now I know of Joe Moser, Bob Moser, Colin Botha, Travis Schwenke, Chris Wikle, Edwin Ho, and myself (with two cars) as going. So if you guys are interested in all paddocking near eachother, I could try and hook it up. I'd just need to know who's coming, when they'll be there, and what kind of a rig they'll have. If there's anyone else you guys know of who are going, maybe try and let them know.

Does anyone have any contact info for Colin since I'm pretty sure he doesn't frequent this board?

Travis - are you and Chris planning on paddocking with the BSI guys again?

I'm really excited about the ARRC this year and hopefully some CenDiv drivers will work their ways onto the box this year.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I'll be there, but without car. I'm the IT.com Motorhome driver, though!

If you need a central point to meet/drink/eat/drink/drink, just find the motorhome! I'm going to try to work on getting a banner or something so that it can be found...
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing

Originally posted by planet6racing@Oct 25 2005, 01:54 PM
    I'll be there, but without car. I'm the IT.com Motorhome driver, though!...
    [snapback]63480[/snapback]
    What class is that, ITM? What kind of lap times do you expect to get with that thing?
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

I figure a walking lap per six-pack is about right. Meet after that last Thursday test session at pit-out...?

Bill - I knew you were the official IT.com motorhome jockey so I didn't include you. You were in the post in spirit though.

Mmmm, I love 6-pack track walks.

Kevin, who enjoys long walks on race tracks with beer - screw beaches!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

That's a long course. You may have to bring beer on the walk.

Greg,

The IT.com Intergallactic Command Center will not be on site until mid-day Friday. You are on your own 'til then.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Myself(Rob Huffmaster) will be going driving the ITS RX-7 and my dad Ray huffmaster will be going also driving the RX-8 in spu or spo. should be a fun time i have never actually drove the track but i hear it is fast and thats what i like, should be a struggle to keep up with those BMW's.

Rob

Go get 'em Rob. I'll be cheering you on from snow country.

When the car is right, Rob in that 7 is the fastest S that CenDiv has to offer.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

We should be close to the hoosier trailer like last year. We will only have one car (mine still needs fixin&#39.

So, we will run the practice day/Chris the sprint race/then share the enduro. Since we don't have any of that fancy trailer (over-rated - that is what I tell myself) stuff, Sandy can always get us that spot up top along the back.

Now, if she but you guys up there in the middle, I would have no problem with that.

Yea, I figured you guys would be paddocked there again. I'm going to hopefully get our rig parked up top this year. I liked being down on the skid pad last year but since we're running the enduro this year, I'd hate to have to lug any tools, wheels, air compressor or whatever up that hill and then back down into the pits.

We're leaving in three days (almost to the minute) and although we've got a lot done, there's still more to do.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Thanks marty, i will need all the cheering i can get if i want to contend with those front running BMW's at road atlanta. i hope i pick up the track quickly so i can at least run with them. Sylvain Trembly ran up front with times like 40's and 41's in a RX-7 like mine so if i can hit that area i would be really satisfied. whether i can do that or not is yet to be determined.

Rob

Rob - I'm sorry but I can't picture your car. Being a CenDiv driver, I should know it. Do you have a pic of it?
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

"Sylvain Trembly ran up front with times like 40's and 41's in a RX-7 like mine so if i can hit that area i would be really satisfied. whether i can do that or not is yet to be determined."

Satisfied? Rob, if you can get anywhere close to Syl's times, he being one of the best ARRC drivers ever and not too shabby in Grand-Am, and having his car always perfectly prepped by he and David Haskell and the SpeedSource crew w/ Pi data, your first time at Road Atlanta, you should be thrilled because you will be in rarefied company.

I have an older SpeedSource car - which one is yours?
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

i have a, or i should say my dads car is a 90 rx-7, its red with a black strip along the bottom, usually number 36 but i think i am going to be 24 while at the arrc.

Originally posted by roberthuff24@Nov 7 2005, 11:21 AM
    i have a, or i should say my dads car is a 90 rx-7, its red with a black strip along the bottom, usually number 36 but i think i am going to be 24 while at the arrc.
    [snapback]64784[/snapback]
    Ahhh, ok, now I know the car. Good luck in your race! Last year was my first time at Road Atlanta and I'm really glad that I did the test day beforehand. It wasn't the most difficult track in the world to pick up but it certainly wasn't the easiest. You'll definately notice though that the SEDiv guys certainly have an advantage since they know the track so well. Needless to say, I'm glad to be going back this year with an ARRC under my belt already.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Have a great time guys! Good luck Kevin.
    2002 Cen-Div ITC Champ
    (Converted to G-Prod in 2003)
    (Bumped to H-Prod in 2008)
    2008, 2011 HP Cen-Div Champ
    2011 HP National Champ

Thanks, Greg! I'm all loaded up and ready to go. Unfortunately I have half a day of work ahead of me in the morning and then we should be rolling out around 12-1pm tomorrow.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

"Sylvain Trembly ran up front with times like 40's and 41's in a RX-7 like mine so if i can hit that area i would be really satisfied. whether i can do that or not is yet to be determined."

It has now been determined. In case you haven't heard, Rob did a 1:39.1, which is the 2nd fastest ITS lap ever, only a tick behind Chet Whittle in the #1 ITS car in the country in the same session. Amazing performance, Rob.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

I personally was very impressed by the CenDiv cars at the ARRC this year.

Rob finished a very impressive and close 2nd in ITS.

Chris Wilke did the same by finishing 2nd in ITB.

Scott Fruth finished 3rd and Edwin Ho finished 4th in ITC.

Joey Moser finished 2nd (and set fastest lap), I finished 3rd, and Bob Moser finished 5th in ITA. Not to mention Colin Botha put his car on the pole and was easily top 5 before dropping out after 18 of 20 laps.

All around, CenDiv represented very well this year.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Chris and I finished 2nd in the Enduro as well and I think that Ed won ITC in the enduro. A great finish to the end of the year.

I saw you pull in during the Enduro, but the car went back out, what happened?