Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CenDiv ARRC go'ers...

Yea, I saw that you guys got 2nd, nice work! Edwin did indeed win the ITC enduro with a quick, consistent, and major problem free pace. I need to correct myself though, he got 6th in the sprint race, not 4th.

Our enduro experience wasn't much fun. I ran the first 30 minutes and was running 2nd right behind the leader. I was feeling really good because I was running a quick pace that I was comfortable with and felt like I could go faster if need be. Then the car lost power and I barely got it back into pit lane before it died completely. It blew the headgasket between the #2 and #3 cylinders. We had a spare head and headgasket sitting there in our pit and 2.5 hours left in the race. So screw it, we replaced the damn thing. About an hour later it was running again with my Dad in the car. He got it all the way to pit out before it died again - cranked and cranked but did nothing. We pushed it back to our stall and went back to work. Of course we checked everything we did to it and came to the conlusion that it was an electrical problem. However, we never even removed the distrubutor or the coil from the engine bay or even disconnected a wire from them so we were pretty stumped. We started by throwing on a new distributor, cap, and rotor - nothing. We finally decided to throw the spare coil at the car and sure as hell, it fired right up. So after 2 hours of working on the car in pit lane, I sent my Dad out for the last 30 minutes with the instructions of "Go have some fun!". He went, he did, and the car saw the checkered flag.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Originally posted by R2 Racing@Nov 15 2005, 10:51 PM
    Yea, I saw that you guys got 2nd, nice work! Edwin did indeed win the ITC enduro with a quick, consistent, and major problem free pace. I need to correct myself though, he got 6th in the sprint race, not 4th.
    Yes, I think I made it up to 5th, but Jinx got by me on the second last lap and stayed there. Clearly, I need to build a motor to run up front. Fruth's performance was amazing considering he was hitting the rev limiter at the top of the hill and had to coast down the hill into 10a!

I have mixed emotions about my Enduro win. The first few laps were pretty racey, so I just settled back and paced myself off the other ITC cars. Unfortunately, I was involved in an incident in turn 12 that took out Renee Hines in the #22 ITC car. A SM checked up and then didn't leave us enough room. I put two wheels and nearly four wheels in the grass trying to avoid contact. It sounds like the car is totalled. Even though I had a four lap lead at the time, that may not have been enough with the pace that the #22 car was capable of. I wish we could have battled to the end.

Congrats to the rest of you CenDiv'rs. Considering that we don't have the advantage of running Atlanta all year, I think we did pretty good.

Ed.
    Edwin Ho
    #65 SM
    www.ehmotorsports.org

Originally posted by R2 Racing@Nov 15 2005, 01:34 PM
    All around, CenDiv represented very well this year.
    [snapback]65436[/snapback]
    Hey Kevin! You guys rocked. Congrats on all your efforts. Nice seeing you again. Maybe next year we'll get out to Mid O or someplace over yonder and we can have a tangle.
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

hello all, i think the cendiv was represented very well at the arrc(especially waterford hills racers) it was a great experience for myslf to run the arrc. the ITS race was intense between me and Chet but i just couldnt pull it off. i look back at it now and realize that i may have been not agressive enough but i am really satisfied with a second place behind the track veteran Chet. the enduro was a ton of fun, that was the first time i got to run a car all out for two hours straight(i really didnt leave much for my dad when he got in the car, the toe was messed up and the engine was so hot that it was affecting the power in fifth gear) all in all it was a great experience to run the arrc and the enduro and i can't wait until next year for the 2006 ARRC.

Rob

Originally posted by moto62@Nov 16 2005, 11:20 PM
    Hey Kevin! You guys rocked. Congrats on all your efforts. Nice seeing you again. Maybe next year we'll get out to Mid O or someplace over yonder and we can have a tangle.
    Ray - it was great to see you guys again too. I know we talked a year ago about the possibility of you guys heading out to Mid Ohio or me coming out to Lime Rock. I didn't work out this year but maybe next year we could arrange something. If I remember correctly, none of you have even been to Mid Ohio yet alone on the track. I think you should change that.

Maybe we can hook up at Watkins Glen or something too.

Rob - congrats to you and your Dad for a great showing this year!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Good job to all you guys! I'm proud to see our area making such a good showing.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Nov 17 2005, 03:16 PM
    Good job to all you guys! I'm proud to see our area making such a good showing.
    [snapback]65723[/snapback]
    Good job by the Northern Boys. Chris what happened, Rob was showing me a dent on his rx7 from you? Knowing both of you I'm sure it wasn't intentional. Chris you have to make it to ARRC next year, really good bunch of people. But not much luck on track. I'll get that turned around next year.
    Rob, tell Ray I said hi and everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
    Dan

Originally posted by dj10@Nov 19 2005, 03:29 PM
    Good job by the Northern Boys. Chris what happened, Rob was showing me a dent on his rx7 from you? Knowing both of you I'm sure it wasn't intentional. Chris you have to make it to ARRC next year, really good bunch of people. But not much luck on track. I'll get that turned around next year.
    Rob, tell Ray I said hi and everyone have a great Thanksgiving.
    Dan
    [snapback]65990[/snapback]

I would of liked to have gone but...pick and excuse. The car was used up, the budget was used up, I was out of vacation time, I've had worked stacked up waiting on me all summer long. Maybe next year.

And yeah, I tagged Rob pretty good up at Grattan. I got the worst of it though which I deserved.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div

Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Nov 22 2005, 03:03 AM
    I would of liked to have gone but...pick and excuse. The car was used up, the budget was used up, I was out of vacation time, I've had worked stacked up waiting on me all summer long. Maybe next year.

And yeah, I tagged Rob pretty good up at Grattan. I got the worst of it though which I deserved.
    [snapback]66266[/snapback]
    Chris,
    I've should have stayed home in bed! Transmission broke in Pro it qualifying and couldn't make the race. Replaced the transmission and I blew a shift and blew the engine in the ITS race on lap 7! Good news, the transmission worked well.
    Dan

Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Nov 22 2005, 04:03 AM
    [snapback]66266[/snapback]
    This the one you mean?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div

Originally posted by Eagle7@Nov 22 2005, 11:38 PM
    This the one you mean?
    [snapback]66423[/snapback]
    Chris, were you showing off again and racing backwards!!??

Originally posted by dj10@Nov 23 2005, 07:25 PM
    Chris, were you showing off again and racing backwards!!??

[snapback]66513[/snapback]
    And he still beat me.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

Originally posted by Eagle7@Nov 24 2005, 11:22 AM
    And he still beat me.
    [snapback]66576[/snapback]
    Marty,
    Set your car up like:
    Rob Huffmaster, Chris Ludwig or Nice Leverone's RX7's and you will have a very good car. Then drive like these guys. BTW I owe Chris a couple myself

Originally posted by dj10@Nov 24 2005, 02:17 PM
    Marty,
    Set your car up like:
    Rob Huffmaster, Chris Ludwig or Nice Leverone's RX7's and you will have a very good car. Then drive like these guys. BTW I owe Chris a couple myself
    [snapback]66585[/snapback]
    Yeah, I've been looking over their cars and asking questions. They give me good advice, but I must be a slow learner. One problem is they're a moving target. Last year I was 4 seconds off the track record at Grattan. I picked up 3 seconds this year, and now I'm almost 4 seconds off Rob's new record.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)

Originally posted by Eagle7@Nov 24 2005, 08:00 PM
    Last year I was 4 seconds off the track record at Grattan. I picked up 3 seconds this year, and now I'm almost 4 seconds off Rob's new record.
    Don't you just hate that? :P

I think if I ran all of my best '05 lap times in '04, I would've came away with 4 track records. I still got two though. Joey Moser's new records at Mid Ohio and Road Atlanta are still solidly kicking my butt once again.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Originally posted by Eagle7@Nov 24 2005, 08:00 PM
    Yeah, I've been looking over their cars and asking questions. They give me good advice, but I must be a slow learner. One problem is they're a moving target. Last year I was 4 seconds off the track record at Grattan. I picked up 3 seconds this year, and now I'm almost 4 seconds off Rob's new record.
    [snapback]66609[/snapback]
    It looks like, to me, that at least you are learning and getting better. Continue to learn everythime you go out, be patient, stay smooth and speed will come.

Originally posted by dj10@Nov 25 2005, 10:40 AM
    It looks like, to me, that at least you are learning and getting better. Continue to learn everythime you go out, be patient, stay smooth and speed will come.
    [snapback]66630[/snapback]
    Thank you. And in this season of remembering to give thanks to the Lord, I want you all to know that I'm very thankful for this racing community. Most everyone I rub elbows with will go out of their way to help me try to beat them. Amazing stuff. You are appreciated.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)