thanks norm,...........this is the kind of info that I need; you guys already know the roads to stay away from. In reference to "build your own" vs buying "already built", you are exactly right. And that is the route that I am going. I was just wondering if the 93 yota had any potential. But that's okay; it still runs on the street and still gets 40 mpg.

The only issues I have with "prebuilt" are safety issues; I have always been "overboard" on car construction and safety. In fact, I would always rather run a slightly heavier car vs a lighter front runner; after all, this is a hobby.

A properly constructed car will not necessarily be a heavier car, but will incorporate a "crush setup" in its design. I have seen cars with "railroad duty" roll cages and bumpers that while they met the minimums for technical, they were not at all a practical setup with relation to physics. It may sound as though, I am a little picky, but a large part of a driver's ability and performance on the track is based on his confidence in his car's ability to function in it's intended purpose.