Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NARRC

So I was too much of a wuss to go and watch because it was cold and rainy and I didn't want to get the sniffles. How was the racing?
    Rob
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Very cool (literally). Watching the ITC guys kick some ITS butt was really fun to watch. I might be a bit impartial, but the best race of the day was the ITB battle up front.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I just got back from Lime Rock. It rained all day, it was cold, raw and generally pretty miserable weather wise, as it was expected. However racing was great! Everyone behaved, for the most part. Lots of spins but relatively little contact. The Connecticut boy scouts had their annual camp out at the track so there were hundreds of little race spectators walking around. My thanks go to the SCCA workers who once again endured the elements and worked hard to make sure that everyone raced safely and had a good time.
    Anthony
    STU Porsche 944T
    ITB Volvo 142 (in the making)

Originally posted by gran racing@Oct 22 2005, 07:18 PM
    Very cool (literally). Watching the ITC guys kick some ITS butt was really fun to watch. I might be a bit impartial, but the best race of the day was the ITB battle up front.
    [snapback]63244[/snapback]
    Actually, it was ITA that ITC ran well against because of the huge amount of water. ITS ran with SPU and EVERY ITS car finished in front of EVERY SPU car...

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

quote=gran racing,Oct 22 2005, 06:18 PM]
    [snapback]63244[/snapback]
    [/quote]

I heard from the crew that Raymond Blethen really showed his stuff this weekend and did an awesome job. Sorry I couldn't make it. Great job Ray!
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

Outside of the freakin' cold, rain, and wind, it was a lot of fun watching. The ITB race was great. Ray's battle the VW was a ton of fun to see. It was also great to finally meet some of the IT guys. The day definitely makes me want to get on the track as soon as possible.
    -Jon Quimbaya
    1984 VW Rabbit GTI

Originally posted by anthony1k@Oct 22 2005, 07:30 PM
    I just got back from Lime Rock. It rained all day, it was cold, raw and generally pretty miserable weather wise, as it was expected. However racing was great! Everyone behaved, for the most part. Lots of spins but relatively little contact. The Connecticut boy scouts had their annual camp out at the track so there were hundreds of little race spectators walking around. My thanks go to the SCCA workers who once again endured the elements and worked hard to make sure that everyone raced safely and had a good time.
    [snapback]63246[/snapback]
    So is somebody gonna post the results, or at least the top 3 in each class

I can do ITS...

1. Estes
    2. Maynard
    3. Gregory
    4. Leverone
    5. King
    6. Ulfelder
    7. Wright
    8. Natale
    9. Phillips
    10. Saunders

Damp track that was COLD. The tire to have was the new Hoosier rain or Dirt stocker which seemed to be the only thing that would warm up. Wilson led most of the race until Estes caught him. Maynard drove his but off after starting from the rear because his car wouldn't start in grid.

Great clean race.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

from memory

itb
    travis 1st
    raymond 2nd
    carlson 3rd
    best race of day

klavana won itc, 3rd overall
    ed funk 2nd

ita
    richie 1st despite a big off thru the swamp in the esses
    rick 2nd
    I think victor was 3rd
    dominic
    A black vw I dont know who
    Lou I
    Ray
    dick patullo
    ner scca IT7 Rx7

FOR ITS : My hat goes off to Tim Estes ITS, nice way to finish the year!! Ben, I got a really a good belly laugh when you spun during warm-up lap (im laughing with you not at you, I know you were overly pumped, good comeback). Felt bad for Maynard at the start driving by his dead car, I know the guy wants to win badly, however he pulled out a 2nd...nice. Thank you to all the guys that did not hit me when I was sideways then backwards going down the hill, the same for my other fantastic spins, thrills, and and off track adventures. John Steward and I were on slicks, we actully had some fun laps, until I totally lost it in big bend, then not to be out-classed John spun too, and just for a frozen moment, while sitting on the track dead, he headed for me sideways. Im thinking, no please anything but bodywork this winter, but his car stopped...wweeeehhhhhh.

Here's something to look forward to. Besides the top couple of qualifiers (who will not be racing with us next year, Nick moving to ProSpec, Wright only shows up for Runoffs) there are 10+ cars within .75 of a sec. The overall level of skill has gone up, for a lot, not just a couple. NICe seeing some old faces and meeting other fellow ITS drivers. See you at NHIS next April.

Russ Jones, 88 Red Porsche 944S

The ITB race was VERY humbling for me!! I was always comfortable in the rain but watching Travis, Raymond and Scott lap me at lightening speed.......WOW.

This should be in the bloopers section but.............

Never make fun of a fellow driver about his tire selection on the pregrid....... Yup, he then proceeded to drive away from me like I was standing still!! Nice job Tim!

One good thing came out of the weekend. I now know what tool boxes and totes are water tight and which aren&#39;t!! <_<
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Originally posted by dickita15@Oct 23 2005, 01:44 PM
    from memory

itb
    travis 1st
    raymond 2nd
    carlson 3rd
    best race of day

klavana won itc, 3rd overall
    ed funk 2nd

ita
    richie 1st despite a big off thru the swamp in the esses
    rick 2nd
    I think victor was 3rd
    dominic
    A black vw I dont know who
    Lou I
    Ray
    [snapback]63274[/snapback]
    ITA
    Hunter
    Benazic
    Gangi
    Vigliotti
    Hubbard
    Iannaccone
    Lee Chee
    Haven
    Daskam
    DiMinno

ITC
    Klvana
    Funk
    Smith
    Horton
    VanDenburgh
    Megliola

I would agree the ITB race was the race of the day. I would describe it as "fearless".

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Thanks Russ for the nice comment. I can&#39;t say enough about the Hoosier wet tire. First time on them and they were fantastic. The ITS/SPU race was clean and everyone was aware of traffic coming up on them and gave just enough to allow me to chase Wrigh for the lead. Unfortunately a very missed shift at Big Bend allowed him to retake the lead. I was literally headed for the safe pull off near the esses when I finally found third gear. Wright made it easy for me with three laps left and he apparently ran low on fuel.

I just want to rob the topic for a second and thank all in ITS for a great season of racing and I&#39;m looking forward to a very competitive season next year. A big thanks, and shameless plug for Nick, Andy, Steve and the rest of the crew at Flat-Out. They were always available to help with anything that needed to be done and I expect good things out of their shop for many years. Congrats also to Nick on his NARRC Championship. I can&#39;t say that I wasn&#39;t thinking that maybe I would come around one lap and see you parked in a puddle somewhere....Good luck with your pro racing.

Ben, if you read this and can get e-mail me some copies of those &#39;podium&#39; shots it would be great!

Look forward to seeing you all next April. I&#39;ve already changed seasons as I just retuned from registering two of my kids for ski racing...and we had about a half inch of snow on the groud this morning!

Tim

Tim Estes
    ITS 1989 RX-7
    NER

On the hill...there&#39;s 10 mph wind chilling things down from the balmy 42 degrees F, and then it started to rain! But it&#39;s not a problem because ITB delivered! Wow! THATs great racing. Raymond Blethen, Travis Washay and Scott Carlson all led the B race at one point, and I think Jason Adamsky in the EP Acura has a mark on his rear bumper from each of them. No doubt he&#39;s thrilled, LOL.

In the end it was Travis with a great pass on Raymond going into Big Bend, but not before there were a dozen passes..sometimes three wide into Big Bend.

Great stuff, it made hanging around in the miserable weather worth it.

Also, big thanks to the workers who endured the awful conditions. Rain makes for GREAT racing at times...things get shaken up, but I imagine another 30 degrees would have made everyone a lot happier. The poor worker standing in the grass in the middle of the Esses has my sympathy. What did they do to deserve THAT spot?? LOL
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Originally posted by Doc Bro@Oct 22 2005, 06:49 PM
    So I was too much of a wuss to go and watch because it was cold and rainy and I didn&#39;t want to get the sniffles. How was the racing?
    Rob
    [snapback]63240[/snapback]
    Bob, lesson 1....never miss a rain race! Especially one that qualified in the dry! It&#39;s always great to see the guys from the back claw their way to the front, like Lou I (green ITA RX-7) did moving from something like 26th to 6th.

Not sure what it is about those 7s and the rain, but I was hating life watching when I wanted to be driving.

Anyway, rain makes for fun stuff on the track, although the life in the paddock sucks!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Maynard ran in incredible race from last to 2nd in S. Even the workers where I was standing were shaking their heads

Photos are online up to group 4. I apologize to the B class folks. I was just too wet and chilled to the bone from standing in the rain for 4 hours and decided to pack up.

www.the16v.com/scca/
    Doug
    NER.org webmaster (retired)
    the16v.com Photography
    briansgarage.com

Originally posted by 16v@Oct 24 2005, 03:35 AM
    Photos are online up to group 4. I apologize to the B class folks. I was just too wet and chilled to the bone from standing in the rain for 4 hours and decided to pack up.
    www.the16v.com/scca/
    [snapback]63324[/snapback]
    Doug as usual great pics. I have to stop spinning in front of you. From what I saw during the race it was pretty good. I couldn&#39;t see much if you look at DSC_0641. You can&#39;t see me and I can&#39;t see you. The windshield fogged up after 2 laps I drove the rest of the race blind. I didn&#39;t care where I finished just as long as I did.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Originally posted by 16v@Oct 24 2005, 02:10 AM
    Maynard ran in incredible race from last to 2nd in S. Even the workers where I was standing were shaking their heads
    [snapback]63320[/snapback]
    Doug - Great Pix!!! I have to laugh every time I see my car with the new Hoosier molded rain tires. It looks like something out of a Matchbox collection. I will say the tires were "the monkeys balls". Thanks again!!!

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

hi all-

I am glad that I was able to run with Scott and Travis to help entertain the folks that stuck around for the rain!!!! I got the entire race on video, and would love to download it to the computer for everyone to view... It has some good footage with lots and lots of saves . That was some great driving by Scott and Travis!!!

I have to give huge props to Marc Cefalo (Blue/Green EP Mazda Miata) for letting us run our race. Those cars a much faster than us on the strieghts but he still just followed us unless one os us made a big mistake and it only made sence for him to pass. Whether he knew he would hold us up (or if he even would) in the turns or not I don&#39;t know, all I know is that he gave us all the room we wanted/needed in the world even though he probably could have joined the battle for the overall victory.

Also, Huge props to the workers who stuck it out in the cold wet mist and rain... It was a long day, and I hope it was well worth it!!!

Raymond "Thank you everyone for making it a great day" Blethen

PS: If anyone got any pictures of the race let me know... I saw some flashes coming from the left hander...

PSS: NO worries Doug (the16v.com)... You always treat us well, and you deserve a break once in a while!!! I hope next year you return as the NER photographer once again!!!

RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com