Thread: New Weight for E36 325 ITS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As the guy who started this thread, I just thought I would give you an update. My original thought was to prepare an BMW 325 (E36) for ITS.

I just bought a 95 BMW M3 that I intend to prepare for C Mod in BMWCCA, and maybe run occasionally in our local ITE garbage class. Four reasons. One, I already run a SM and intend to keep running it, and hopefully developing the car and my skills to run closer to the front. Plenty of competition there with a more even playing field and less (much less) bickering. Sure, the class may have problems unique to a spec class, but still, in the end, the cars are pretty close with the same driver skills.

Two, the speed difference between front running SM and ITS cars are just not that different. This obviously is only of concern to me and others in a similar situation.

Three, the difference in cost between developing a good ITS car and a (much) faster CMod car isn't all that significant. I'm relating this to BMW of course since I haven't priced out other ITS cars.

Four, I'm just not interested in putting my dollars and interest in building a car for a target that seems to be in great debate and uncertainty. And it doesn't look to end any time soon. Basically, there seems to be just too much acrimony here for me to develop much affinity with this group.

Maybe I'm judging this unfairly, and I'm sure I'd probably get along great with most of you individually. But still, I'm out.

See you on the track.

Originally posted by Byron Smith@Nov 3 2005, 03:55 AM
    ........ I'm just not interested in putting my dollars and interest in building a car for a target that seems to be in great debate and uncertainty. And it doesn't look to end any time soon. Basically, there seems to be just too much acrimony here for me to develop much affinity with this group.

.... But still, I'm out.

See you on the track.
    [snapback]64453[/snapback]
    So basically you are saying that either you:

Have no faith the car will be treated fairly and end up a front runner, (but not the ONLY front runner, empirically,) or..

You have no interest in racing the car when it's heads up with other makes.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com