Originally posted by Banzai240+Nov 3 2005, 03:22 AM-->
For the BMW, we are giving the car the benefit of the doubt... 25% is what several examples (yes, dyno sheets, etc..) have shown, but there are others sources that suggest the number is closer to 35%... No, we can't prove that these are legal, but then, that's not our job... It's YOURS... NO one seems to have the balls to do it, however... That's not really our problem...
[/b]
Not have the courage to file the protests, you mean? For competition, I'd agree with that being up to the involved drivers. I get the impression that it doesn't happen as often as it should.

But if you're using these numbers for a basis that's going to involve all cars everywhere, I wouldn't have thought you would want to get the data as clean as you could. Why wouldn't data cleansing for thier own purpose be up to the committe itself? If the basis your using isn't correct, then won't your complete product be off?

Originally posted by Banzai240@Nov 3 2005, 03:22 AM
You've missed a post somewhere, because I'm positive I've stated a couple of times that this is a PLAN... a STRATEGIC PLAN, if you will, for Improved Touring...
Hey! For once, it's not about me missing something. I'm responding to Andy there, who asserted that only one change was necessary.

It involves a documented formal classification process, explanations of said process, justification and need for allowing class alignement adjustments, and a list of 38 or so cars that the ITAC has determined need to be adjusted in ITS through ITB (ITC was deemed to be close the way it was, so we could find little supporting data to justify altering anything with that class...)...
Sure; I'm aware that it's a process, and that adjusting the BMWs again is just one of the first visible steps. But, again, I'd love to read the documentation and explanations you've mentioned. Are they publicly availalbe?

<!--QuoteBegin-Banzai240
@Nov 3 2005, 03:22 AM
As I&#39;ve said in this very thread... this is NOT an attack on the BMW... That&#39;s only one car on the list... The only reason we are talking about it today is because you guys keep bringing it up and we feel compelled to set the record straight and be honest with you guys about what we are doing and why...
And I appreciate that. (Even if you never call.)

My only gripe is that the process is so clumsy; do you really expect drivers who want to know what&#39;s going on to "read EVERYTHING" in the forums here? Read the history of the issue through every issue of FastTrack over the last couple of years? What&#39;s the painless way to gain insight into the process, and catch up to the progress so far?

First off, this is where you need to go read your ITCS... We specifically had the ballast rules changed to accomodate this very thing... The legal area was extended to include the passenger seat area as well... an area that is PLENTY strong to hold 300 or so lbs,
I have; I&#39;m looking at the "2005 Edition", and in D.9.L it says that the position has to be aft of the firewall and fore of the passenger seat. Until four or five posts ago, when you said this was recently relaxed, I didn&#39;t think I had any other option. (Curiously, the reduced pullies are in this copy.)
I hope this helps...
Absolutely! Thanks for answering my questions.