Thread: Awning help

A while back (several months) there was a thread on awning systems that attached to trailers and used electrical conduit. One company was mentioned in particular and I can't recall the name. Any pointers to said company or other recommendations for awning solutions would be appreciated. I am looking for a low cost awning solution to attach to my 24' enclosed trailer.

Thanks,

Mark
    [email protected]

Holliday Canopies, www.canpoieguy.com Wes and Jill are both racers and are know what kind of stess goes through a racer on a weekend. He is the best and he supports many SCCA functions.

My bad www.canopieguy.com

:119:
    Maurice LaFond

We use a 16x20 canopy from these guys. You get a lot of shade for the $.

Canopies

I do not know about attaching them but it couldn't be too difficult.

Tom Sprecher

Thanks guys. I'll check those places out.

Mark

Attached to the trailor, look for Care Free of Colorado and A and E Awnings at any RV store or the net. More expensive than the free standing but very convenient.
    David

Holiday Canopies and Wes were very helpful about modifying one of their standard Silver canopies to work with my dimensions and my idea for attaching a conduit based A frame system to my 24' trailer using the rope rail that was already attached to it. 2 people are required to feed the canopy into the rope rail, but the rest of the assembly process can be done by 1.

Previously I had used one of their cabana style canopies and attached it to my old 20' trailer using standard conduit hangers. Even with smaller bungees for that edge, this left a small gap that dribbled rain. I could assemble this canopy by myself.

Both systems required standing on the ballast buckets (or a ladder) to make connections at the top edge of the trailer.