Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARRC PARKING

The last three replies have summarized what we try to maintain while parking everyone.

Keep the number of support vehicles to a minimum, preferably only the one that towed the trailer. If you expect a lot of fans get them to park out of the paddock area and carpool to your spot.

Do not park support vehicles anywhere except in your assigned spot, the best place being at the end of your trailer. Paddock space is at a preminum and cars unnecessarily parked where trailers have to park compounds the issue.

Typically, as the weekend progresses and people leave, the problem of enough space for everyone diminishes. This year may be different. With the added events on Sunday I feel the paddock will be full the entire weekend.

On behalf of everyone trying to get all you guys parked where you want please be patient as we try to accomdate everyone's needs as best we can. However, due to the need to maintain open fire roads certain size rigs must park in designated areas. Feel free to e-mail me with your requests.

One last item. Please park as close to you neighbor as physically possible. You would be amazed at how 1-3 feet extra between each rig can add up to 3-4 spaces we could have parked trailers in.

Thanks,
    Tom Sprecher

We are expecting about 300 cars this weekend. Please be prepared to park closely. Inches add up to feet and an extra paddock space. I want all of you on this side of the creek on the pavement. Although the "back forty" grass is very nice and the mosquites are very social. They don't bite after it gets below 60 degrees.

Hi all, making my first trip to Road Atlanta this weekend and hope to be able to paddock a few of the DC region Spec 7's together. If I am running the practice day and arrive before the other cars, can I reserve a space adjacent to mine for the guys arriving Thursday night? We usually cram 4 or 5 Spec 7's in two spaces.. -Al G

You may save space IF you have discussed with the people you want to save space for and they agree. When they arrive at the track, they must park in the saved space. You must also know the size of their trailers (if enclosed) or MH, otherwise we won't know how much space to save. We allocate space by the inch. If you race at Summit Point, you know about crowded paddock space.