Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Win? - ITC

This race might shape up to be one of the highlights of the weekend. Last count there was, what, seven or so drivers who will be contending for the win this year. Is it going to be all Honda or will someone break the stranglehold these cars have on this class?
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA (sort of)
    ITS Honda Prelude

I don't know if I even want to hint at this one. I'd love to see Fruth knock off some of those SEDiv drivers though. :119:
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Im going with Rebstock again...It didnt look like he had an easy time of it last year, and im sure it will be even tougher this year....
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

My original pick was Vesa and I'm sticking with it. His winning the SIC certainly does nothing to make me want to change the pick.

But Rebstock absolutely destroyed the Daytona track record this summer, so obviously his car is running well.

Then there's Fruth, who to my knowlege is still the only ITC car to ever run under a 1:51.

The VWs of Reynolds and Ketchie were super fast at Road Atlanta back in July.

And that red and black car in my Avatar has been running very well, finishing 2nd in a very deep field in July.

On paper this looks like THE race of Saturday. People who aren't lining the fences for this one are likely going to regret it later when everyone is talking about it.
    The guy who wins it is likely going to be the one who makes zero mistakes and stay out of trouble. Of the cars there really isn't an overdog and they've all proven to run very similar lap times.
    This could potentially look like a NASCAR race at Talladega, with the front pack all over each other for the entire race. I just hope there isn't "The Big One."
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Rebstock...in a tight one.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by bobpink@Oct 12 2005, 03:42 AM
    This race might shape up to be one of the highlights of the weekend. Last count there was, what, seven or so drivers who will be contending for the win this year. Is it going to be all Honda or will someone break the stranglehold these cars have on this class?
    [snapback]62365[/snapback]
    I am looking foward to coming to RA next week for the ARRC. I'v wanted to run thsi race for the past five years but basketball coaching resposibilities have kept em away. No B-ball this year - so it's time to load her up.
    I do not have high hopes for running up front and would like to ask for ITC help. If anyone is around on Wednesday afternoon I am hoping to walk the track. Any front runners in "C" that want walk and talk the track with me wouild be much apprecited. If you plan to be arounf let me know I will search you out.
    Jinx Jordan offered to show me around during Thursday's test sessions. I welcome any help for this yankee that beleives he is a slow learner.
    Thanks!

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

I plan to be there pretty early Wednesday, so if I can get parked and unloaded and they'll let us out on track I'll gladly go with you.

[email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Originally posted by Catch22@Nov 7 2005, 04:11 AM
    I plan to be there pretty early Wednesday, so if I can get parked and unloaded and they'll let us out on track I'll gladly go with you.
    [snapback]64759[/snapback]
    Thanks Scott - I will look for you tomorrow.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Scott,
    We'll be there Wednesday afternoon, probably late. Plan is to paddock at the same place down from you. There may be a Spec Pinata in our area as a favor to a friend, but we can pick on him. Menu is the standard fair...jambalaya Thursday night, gumbo Friday, and (doubtful) leftovers on Saturday. Most likely that (other party) in 5 on Saturday.
    Tim, you're invited, too. I doubt that the cajun cuisine will be to much for your taste buds. People that drive ITC are used to being abused by everything.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by charrbq@Nov 8 2005, 11:13 AM
    Scott,
    We'll be there Wednesday afternoon, probably late. Plan is to paddock at the same place down from you. There may be a Spec Pinata in our area as a favor to a friend, but we can pick on him. Menu is the standard fair...jambalaya Thursday night, gumbo Friday, and (doubtful) leftovers on Saturday. Most likely that (other party) in 5 on Saturday.
    Tim, you're invited, too. I doubt that the cajun cuisine will be to much for your taste buds. People that drive ITC are used to being abused by everything.

[snapback]64901[/snapback]
    Hey Chris-

My name is Ken Schielke. I crew for Tim Klvana.

I just spoke to him on the phone. He is in transit to Atlanta right now, passing through Allentown, PA. He wanted me to tell you that expects to be there Wednesday afternoon and looking forward to the cajun food.

Please don't feed him too mch because he's too big to stuff in that little CRX now! And- He's picking me up at the airport Thursday night, and I would not look forward to the ride back to the track if the cajun doesn't agree with him.

Our little '85 Civic has had more work done to it in the last three weeks than it has in the last three years. I think she's ready though for some enduro action! We're loading up tonight and should be leaving Columbus around 1pm tomorrow afternoon for a very early Thursday morning arrival. I can't wait!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I just noticed that Scott Fruth is indeed singed up for the ARRC now. He must've got that computer figured out and I may be rooting for another CenDiv boy.

Still, looking at that entry list, damn what a field!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Originally posted by kschielke@Nov 8 2005, 12:18 PM
    Hey Chris-

My name is Ken Schielke.

He's picking me up at the airport Thursday night,

Time?

Is there anyone else coming in Thursday evening? It seems silly for several people to make the trip to the airport if we can save the time and gas money.

Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Originally posted by OTLimit@Nov 8 2005, 05:43 PM
    Time?

Is there anyone else coming in Thursday evening? It seems silly for several people to make the trip to the airport if we can save the time and gas money.
    [snapback]64947[/snapback]

Delta flight 775 from NYC arrives 10:21 PM

Unfortunately we've lost Mr. Ketchie, but its still going to be one hell of a weekend. Both the ITC sprint and enduro are totally up for grabs.

If anybody wants to hear about what a pain in the ass a Honda Dual Point Injection ECU can be just bring beers to Mr. Fruth and I and get ready to get an ear full of profanity.
    I threw 4 of them in the garbage before accidentally getting it right. I think Fruth has had it even worse.

Its a good damned thing you can buy these things for $5 all day long on ebay.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

If you want to hear cursing, try four years of trying to get a carb right, only to give up in frustration and trying another type. Hopefully, only a year of testing and developing will take place this time...or not.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by kschielke@Nov 8 2005, 06:18 PM
    Hey Chris-

My name is Ken Schielke. I crew for Tim Klvana.

I just spoke to him on the phone. He is in transit to Atlanta right now, passing through Allentown, PA. He wanted me to tell you that expects to be there Wednesday afternoon and looking forward to the cajun food.

Please don't feed him too mch because he's too big to stuff in that little CRX now! And- He's picking me up at the airport Thursday night, and I would not look forward to the ride back to the track if the cajun doesn't agree with him.
    [snapback]64922[/snapback]
    I can't guarantee quantities consumed. We'll have a bunch of food! If it repeats, then stay clear of any ignition sources. You might want to purchase a Scott Air Pack.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by kschielke@Nov 8 2005, 04:57 PM
    Delta flight 775 from NYC arrives 10:21 PM
    [snapback]64952[/snapback]
    We better not try this. We get in a couple of hours earlier, and I have a feeling that Andrea is not going to be a happy camper after two flights (from St Louis via Chicago) and being up since 6am our time, and still having about an hour to the track.

But we should all work on this in the future.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Originally posted by Catch22@Nov 8 2005, 07:09 PM
    Unfortunately we've lost Mr. Ketchie, but its still going to be one hell of a weekend.
    [snapback]64955[/snapback]
    What happened to Derek, and why won't he be there?

I didn't read this before leaving for the ARRC and was surprised to see Ketchie not there. I never heard - did something go kerblooie?

K