Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Will Win? - ITA

Some "hot shoe" names have been thrown around for this race. Who's it gonna be?
    Bob Pinkowski
    Atlanta Region SCCA (sort of)
    ITS Honda Prelude

if I were betting, I'd place my chips on Serra...

Of course his new car might have teething issues.........
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I'm going with Anthony or Alex. Stretch sold his 240, correct? I'd keep an eye on Joey Moser though - he'll be real quick and looking to improve on his 3rd from last year.

I'm just praying for a top 5.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

I'll be bringing Bob's 240 from last year, though I'll be bringing up the rear. I think the race at the front will be good. There could be several players. Evan is working on some things to get up and play at the front as well. I'll just have to see whos in front when they come by me.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Alex "punky" Muresan in an extremely tight race with Serra.

Alex has a collection of podiums and front row starts, but no win.
    My guess is that he's pretty sick of that.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

anthony's old car is asking me to bring it down to the arrc.. i know the car can run , can the driver keep up?????????????????
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Dave, thanks for the bid of confidence!! I will try my best...are you doing the test day?
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Originally posted by dazzlesa@Oct 12 2005, 07:11 PM
    anthony's old car is asking me to bring it down to the arrc.. i know the car can run , can the driver keep up?????????????????
    [snapback]62442[/snapback]
    Only one way to find out. Anthony did tell me the red car might make it down. It would be really nice if it did. Should be a great A race. See you all there.
    Alex Muresan
    #84 ITA

Originally posted by Hracer@Oct 12 2005, 10:43 PM
    Only one way to find out. Anthony did tell me the red car might make it down. It would be really nice if it did. Should be a great A race. See you all there.
    [snapback]62463[/snapback]
    Punky, will you please stop being a nice guy !!!
    Louis Boustani

Originally posted by ltblouis@Oct 12 2005, 10:51 PM
    Punky, will you please stop being a nice guy !!!
    [snapback]62465[/snapback]

Starting on Friday evening I'm just going to walk up to punky and punch him every 15 minutes. I'm going to keep doing this until I actually manage to make him mad. :angry:
    Then I'll do it a couple more times right before he goes to grid on Saturday.

I may also duct tape some headphones to his head playing Metallica at volume level 11.

[email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Originally posted by zracre@Oct 12 2005, 02:34 PM
    Dave, thanks for the bid of confidence!! I will try my best...are you doing the test day?
    [snapback]62448[/snapback]
    I should be there for the test day. I'll probably miss the morning session like usual (I'm not a morning person). I'm going to replace my rear wheel bearings so hopefully that'll give me some confidence to pick up the pace.

So where's everybody parking? I'm still too new at this to know where the cool people park.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Evan Darling...in a race of skill and desire.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

I was just looking through the current entry list for ITA and noticed that not only is Joey Moser registered, so is his Dad Robert (Bob) Moser. Now I know that Bob's been working on yet another ITA CRX Si because their current yellow one is "old and tired". Yea, that "old and tired" car broke the ITA track record at Mid Ohio by 1.1 seconds this year and consistently whooped my ass. According to Bob, he has some very high hopes for their new car but he was doubtful that the car would be ready in time for the ARRC. Well, apparently they got it done. Bob is signed up in the "old and tired" yellow car (finished 3rd in Joey's hands last year) and Joey is signed up in some mystery red CRX Si. Joe, you out there?

Damnit.....seriously, happy dance in pit lane if I finish at least 5th! :119:
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Originally posted by R2 Racing@Oct 19 2005, 06:35 AM
    would be ready in time for the ARRC. Well, apparently they got it done. Bob is signed up in the "old and tired" yellow car (finished 3rd in Joey's hands last year) and Joey is signed up in some mystery red CRX Si. Joe, you out there?

Damnit.....seriously, happy dance in pit lane if I finish at least 5th! :119:
    [snapback]62987[/snapback]
    Kevin, you shouldn't have a problem finishing Top 5!! BTW... What happened to the CenDiv parking area idea? We still doing that?

The mystery red CRX Si is actually painted to blend in with the Ruck Racing clan... More like orange, and it's nicknamed the General Lee already. It's built to be an updated #63 (the yellow car). My dad had in on track once and came away smiling, so we'll see... I just desperately need some track time, I've only been in 3 races in the past 4 years, so I'm afraid my set-up skills aren't what they used to be! I'll just be happy to be at the track... It's all about that feeling in the morning before all the race engines fire up (maybe it's called a hangover, not sure).

It's gonna be a great race... Already 24 signed-up, more coming I assume.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

Originally posted by Joe Moser@Oct 19 2005, 11:21 AM
    Kevin, you shouldn't have a problem finishing Top 5!! BTW... What happened to the CenDiv parking area idea? We still doing that?

The mystery red CRX Si is actually painted to blend in with the Ruck Racing clan... More like orange, and it's nicknamed the General Lee already. It's built to be an updated #63 (the yellow car). My dad had in on track once and came away smiling, so we'll see... I just desperately need some track time, I've only been in 3 races in the past 4 years, so I'm afraid my set-up skills aren't what they used to be!
    I'd like to do a CenDiv parking area if it can get hooked up. Then we can get you, your Dad, Colin, and I all together. I don't know of any other CenDiv'ers who are coming down. When Fletcher starts asking for rig information so he can start planning out the parking, I'll be sure to ask him about it. Are you guys going to have one or two trailers?

I doubt you'll have any trouble getting up to speed since you had absolutely no problem back in July. Hopefully any "teething problems" inherent with a new car have been worked out since Bob got it out on track already (last I talked to him, that was the problem - finding time to test it before the ARRC).

I really should've patented my orange paint job. No one wanted it five years ago and now they're all jumping on the bandwagon!
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Originally posted by R2 Racing@Oct 19 2005, 09:38 AM
    I'd like to do a CenDiv parking area if it can get hooked up. Then we can get you, your Dad, Colin, and I all together. I don't know of any other CenDiv'ers who are coming down. When Fletcher starts asking for rig information so he can start planning out the parking, I'll be sure to ask him about it. Are you guys going to have one or two trailers?

I doubt you'll have any trouble getting up to speed since you had absolutely no problem back in July. Hopefully any "teething problems" inherent with a new car have been worked out since Bob got it out on track already (last I talked to him, that was the problem - finding time to test it before the ARRC).

I really should've patented my orange paint job. No one wanted it five years ago and now they're all jumping on the bandwagon!
    [snapback]63004[/snapback]

Well, the car color was meant to be an off-OEM red color, but ended up with a little too much yellow in the mix. I actually love it now, even though I haven't seen it in person yet... Kind of a deep orange.

We'll just be bringing the 1 trailer (2 car-trailer)... I'll be flying in late, late Wednesday night, so I'm sure my Dad will get the parking all sorted out with you guys when you arrive.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Joe Moser
    #63 ITA Honda CRX
    Great Lakes Division
    www.MoserRacing.com

Originally posted by Joe Moser@Oct 19 2005, 04:21 PM
    It's gonna be a great race... Already 24 signed-up, more coming I assume.
    [snapback]63002[/snapback]
    Definitely. And it's good to see the '03 winning CRX is signed up as well, with a guy who can drive the wheels off anything behind the wheel, too. Both the '04 winning car and driver (in a new car) should be there, as well as the '02 and '00 winning car. And Joe Moser won it in '99? A nice reunion, with 24 already signed up. Can't wait to check out the entry list in another week. There isn't a better reason to skip class than doing this monster 4 day race weekend. Joe, you guys doing the enduro as well? Now need to convince Serra to run it, too. If you are reading this, you know you want to. This should be fun.
    Alex Muresan
    #84 ITA

Originally posted by Hracer@Oct 19 2005, 05:28 PM
    There isn't a better reason to skip class than doing this monster 4 day race weekend.
    [snapback]63009[/snapback]

Right on, to hell with thursday and friday classes! lol, Im gonna have a lot of catching up to do when I get back..

Mark Carpenter
    GGS Racing.com
    FP Integra #38
    ITA Acura Integra #17 --SOLD--

UNC-Charlotte and CT

Originally posted by Catch22@Oct 12 2005, 11:01 PM
    I may also duct tape some headphones to his head playing Metallica at volume level 11.
    [snapback]62466[/snapback]
    If that doesn't work bump it upto Slayer, and if that doesn't work.... Deicide.
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C

RIP Dimebag- August 20, 1966 to December 8th, 2004.

Houston, we found the problem!

Coming soon to an ITA Integra near you, a 100% healthy and perfectly running engine that's been "not right" for almost two months now......and the car's set a track record in that time. :figo: :figo: :figo:

I'm officially excited.
    Kevin
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX