Thread: SARRC Invitational

Well the 2005 SARRC is done...I don't know how I did it, but I won it !!! I did the math and it being a double points event, I believe I am the new SEDIV ITA Champion!! It was a tough race as I blew the start...I moved out to get a good start to see no green flag ...S#!T...I hit the brakes and pulled back in line to see my spot evaporate into last...I did not want to lose due to being an idiot and jump the start...oh well I could at least see the leaders on the straights...7 laps later there was an incident that took out 1st, I kept my head down and had some great clean racing with all involved...My best race win all year. Robert Langlotz didnt make it easy for me but I learned alot about the track from him, Tom Fowler and numerous others that helped with track tips etc...I want to thank all involved at Roebling Road Raceway...what a great place to race, nice enviro, clean and nice flowing track. I also want to thank everyone on this site for the help and info thru the year. And thanks Jeff Young for the hotel tip...The Best Western is a nice clean safe hotel that was more than reasonable. If anyone wants to go to a nice relaxing fun track, Roebling is the one!!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Congrats..way to go
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

Evan, I meant to tell you good job before I left the track yesterday. I didn't really feel like hanging around with a banged up car. I wish I could have been there at the end, but sh** happens. Congratulations on the win and SARRC championship.

Michael Greene
    ITA CRX si #88

Sorry about your car, It looked like it was going to shape up to be a good battle with all of us, you guys were battling with those s cars and robert, john and I were making ground....oh well Are you going to the ARRC? I hope to have some good stuff done by then to try and be competitive there...good luck and hope to see you on track soon!!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Exclamation

Great Job, Evan. I spread the word around here, and you've got everybody here excited and proud for you. A lot of work, a little well applied bucks, and a whole lot of talent took you there. We'll look for you on the front row at the ARRC!
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Originally posted by zracre@Oct 11 2005, 12:17 PM
    Sorry about your car, It looked like it was going to shape up to be a good battle with all of us, you guys were battling with those s cars and robert, john and I were making ground....oh well Are you going to the ARRC? I hope to have some good stuff done by then to try and be competitive there...good luck and hope to see you on track soon!!
    [snapback]62266[/snapback]
    Yeah, I will make it to the ARRC this year. Going to start working on the car this week. At least at the ARRC I don't have to worry about getting caught up in another classes mess :angry: . You should bring some more of the Florida ITA crowd up with you. See you there!