Time for some humor. They say the ability to laugh at yourself is a positive trait, so lets hear your embarrassing racing moments.

I spun out on a victory lap once...

This was a rain race, with a heavy, steady down pour, a full wet track with periodic river crossings at some corners. About 1/4 through the race I had made good progress towards the front. I was actually passing people!! The same guy who has had my number all year (dry races) I was able to pass and put some distance between us.

It was a crazy race with people spinning off the track right and left. Some guys passed me three or four times during the race. They would come flying by, and spin off the track at the corners. A few laps later, the same guys come flying by and go spinning off... Amazing how some people don't grasp the concept of throttle modulation on a wet track. It's like they have a toggle switch for the throttle - full-off OR wide open, nothing in between.

Anyway, I was having a ball, steering the car through some of the corners with the throttle - right at the edge of traction, rear end stepping out on occasion etc. Managed to get the lead about 3/4 through and then had a good, albeit slippery battle with two other cars until the end of the race. I had them on the straights, but had to keep the car well away from the wall as the car was hydroplaning badly, even in a straight line.

Won the race, came through the pit lane to pick up the flag and headed back out on the victory lap. Going through one of the corners on the back side of the track, at a slow speed, the rear-end came around and I spun off into the grass... but I was still holding the flag out the window.

This was the same corner that I just spent the last 30 minutes going through at speed during the race. I'm sure the flaggers were thinking WTF is up with this guy????????

I was thankful for:

It happening on the far backside of the track.
Few flaggers saw it happen.
I had turned off the in-car camera after the race so this feat was not included on the race video.
I didn't get stuck in the grass.
No spectators (my wife and family) could see the corner where this took place.
The track photographer did not have a view to this part of the track.
The car didn't stall (hard to restart sometimes) Can you imagine having to get a flat-tow because you spun out on the victory lap?????

So, what are your embarrassing racing moments????

Wayne