A reply to some of the replies to me, sorry i was away for the weekend-

I will stand by my judgement that I think that the NARRC Runoffs put up a good challenge to the ARRC as far as a good competition, and an overall good race... Top dogs and those that beat the top dogs from the ARRC generally are sceen at the NARRC Runoffs... However I will agree that the the ARRC does bring more people from more regions together for a "National Championship" which IMO is very very cool!!! I might just suggest though that some of you come to the NARRC as well if you want a good challenge!!!

Please remember that I think that the ARRC is a wonderful event. I think it is the BEST regional event run all year that I have been to in my 20+ years. (I have been to the ARRC 3 times, once as a spectator, once as crew for my brother, and once as a driver). I wouldn't be excited for the event all year if I didn't think that it was the best event.

I do think though that the track is favorable to certain cars. My little experience shows that with one test day I was able to drive my car 1 second a lap faster than the competition at the ARRC. I have NEVER been that much faster at any other track except Pocono. Thus I think that at Road Atlanta you can have "the car" for the track. Our cars for example have a tough time keeping up with people such as Derek Lugar (last years ITB ARRC champ) at tracks here in the Northeast. Thus for me I think that the NARRC Runoffs are a tougher race to win in ITB. The ITB competition here in the Northeast is legit (IMO) and their are several drivers who will have the oppertunity to challenge for the podium. Also as a side note my brother and I have NEVER won the NARRC runoffs, nor have we ever qualified on Pole.

Please remember that I DO think that the ARRC does bring a few of the best contenders to play, for example the Canadians... Derek Lugar (last years ITB champ) is probably one of the best ITB compeditors that I have ever run against. Colin as well. Derek is the only person in the Northeast to beat Scott Carlson head to head in a race here in the Northeast in the last 5 years. -congrats to him!!!

I guess I just wish that something could be done to get more competition from other areas of the contry to this event. Congrats to whomever will win this years ARRC!!!

Raymond "Now we need to see if it is still feasable (funding) to go to the ARRC now that they have a test day" Blethen

PS: On a side note, the comment on Chris Albin and the Audi build... I am not sure why he decided not to build the car for ITB as I think that it is a relatively inexpensive car to build and is very easily built into a fast car. Chris is a big VW person and I think that he feels that the A3 can be faster. Judging by last year, I think that he could be right. That was his first year with the car and he proved to be very very fast. In reguards to the Audi's though, we are not the only people to have sucess in the cars around the country, others also have. As far as the tech shed comment, that leads me to believe that some are hesitant to think that we are legit??? If so please bring it up publicly or privately whatever works (we can defend ourselves ). nobody has to post a protest or a bond if they want to take a look at something. We are very open about things, and would welcome any observations or inspections. We are not perfect, and while we attempt to keep things legit maybe we are missing something??? I am close to 100% certain that the cars are completely legal. As being a steward in training and a long time compeditor I think that is is important for everyone to be legal, no exceptions.