Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MARRS 10: Any of ya'll going?

Hey guys - I showed up last year and ran MARRS 7. It was my first (and last) time I spent up at Summit...

...wondering if Spanky, Nekkid guy etc. were going to be up at the track. I plan on showing up and will be Nekkid myself (without my pitcrew) so I was hoping to see familiar faces and maybe drink beer with someone other than my imaginary friends.

Oh yeah, I was the guy with the silver viper. #65 ITE. Plan on being there friday in hopes to get some lernin' done on the track. Definately didnt get the track down last year.

Regards,
    John
    ITE #65... a 1996 Vipah Gee Tee Ess

Perhaps I shouldn't be speaking for Spanky, but he is definitely registered, though I think we've seen the last of (that) Nekkid Guy at Summit for quite a while.

As we've got over 300 cars registered it should be one heck of a time!
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Angry

I'll be there as well although I don't know if I'll have a car or not - running out of funds, time and energy all at once.
    Haz-Matt Racing

Originally posted by mgyip@Oct 4 2005, 02:35 PM
    I'll be there as well although I don't know if I'll have a car or not - running out of funds, time and energy all at once.
    [snapback]61759[/snapback]
    I'll be there in the Hazz-matt paddock, hopefully not getting my retina burned off by matt in a grass skirt.
    I'll probably make it a short appearance on race day - it's also my daughter's birthday, so I am afraid I am going to pull a race-and-run

which reminds me:
    looks like the Christies won't be there (not registered yet). MAtt, do you need food for the workers' lunch? will it be on saturday or sunday? will there be a grill to cook said food on?
    come on man, get the ball rolling! :P

Originally posted by MadFrog@Oct 4 2005, 07:23 PM
    I'll be there in the Hazz-matt paddock, hopefully not getting my retina burned off by matt in a grass skirt.
    I'll probably make it a short appearance on race day - it's also my daughter's birthday, so I am afraid I am going to pull a race-and-run

which reminds me:
    looks like the Christies won't be there (not registered yet). MAtt, do you need food for the workers' lunch? will it be on saturday or sunday? will there be a grill to cook said food on?
    come on man, get the ball rolling! :P
    [snapback]61763[/snapback]
    It's my fault the Christies aren't there. Sean has me covered in points. RATS! I hope they show up anyway. Looking forward to doin some partyin.
    BRAD

I think we have the worker luncheon covered - Alton whipped the ITB boys and girls into shape!! I need to procure 2-3 CHARCOAL grills since we have beaucoup charcoal leftover from last year!! Anyone have a grill that they can bring?

The workers' lunch is on Saturday. We have the Grill Sergeant in place (Kurt's crew member who has been cooking at our worker lunches for several years) but I'll need to organize folks to show up for the lunch itself. It has always worked out well that the drivers show up to help serve food at the lunch b/c the workers are there FOR THE DRIVERS and conversely, we the DRIVER should BE THERE FOR THE WORKERS.

I'm working on my grass skirt - had a bit of a flame-up problem after a night of eating Mexican but I'm sure the replacement grass will cover sufficiently. The damn coconut bra is too tight...

I'm fairly convinced at this point that I'll be spectating - the shocks for the 2002 arrive tomorrow so if I were to bust my butt, I could get them installed Thu or Fri night BUT we'll see how that goes. I figure that I'll just be a Pit Bunny for the weekend...
    Haz-Matt Racing

Ill be up there on friday evening. Matt and Brad, you guys gonna be paddocked in the same area as MARRS 8 +9? My dad is bringing the car/trailer rig up earlier on friday.

See you all there!

-Mark
    Mark Carpenter
    GGS Racing.com
    FP Integra #38
    ITA Acura Integra #17 --SOLD--

UNC-Charlotte and CT

Angry

Mark - like a bad dream, I'll be there resplendent with trailer (provided Mo will be there to cook for us) but without a car. Can't speak for Brad but he's more than welcome provided he pays his space rental
    Haz-Matt Racing

Originally posted by Racerboy03@Oct 4 2005, 08:51 PM
    Ill be up there on friday evening. Matt and Brad, you guys gonna be paddocked in the same area as MARRS 8 +9? My dad is bringing the car/trailer rig up earlier on friday.

See you all there!
    -Mark
    [snapback]61770[/snapback]
    For sure Mark, there are lots of places to hide there.
    Just remember when I say RUN don't ask questions just run as fast as you can.
    Brad

I am sorry I am going to miss out spectating the last race of the year. But I just have so much going on at the homefront I don't have the time. The good news is the ITB car is ready for my school, so at least I will see some of you guys on and off the track....dont worry I been working on my pointing finger so you guys can get by.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

I will be there, picking up the pieces...

Hope not to see any of you..except at the beer party or around the campfire..
    Enjoy,
    Bill

I will be there for sure, got to try keep Greg in line> Also will be running the Spec Miata race which should be a barn burner. I think that are over 40 cars including Chip Herr and Payton Wilson.
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    Summit Point 12 hour SM 1st place
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

Unhappy

I'll be happy to stay in line (just at the front of it). It's supposed to rain, right?

-Gregg, who can't talk smack like Meise but has a few tricks up his sleeve for this weekend
    Gregg Ginsberg
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Angry

Originally posted by Gregg@Oct 4 2005, 10:29 PM
    -Gregg, who can't talk smack like Meise but has a few tricks up his sleeve for this weekend
    [snapback]61791[/snapback]
    Someone else is driving your car?
    Haz-Matt Racing

Originally posted by Gregg@Oct 5 2005, 02:29 AM
    I'll be happy to stay in line (just at the front of it). It's supposed to rain, right?

[snapback]61791[/snapback]

Gregg, according to weather.com it looks like chance of rain on friday, cloudy but windy on saturday, and partly cloudy on sunday. Who knows, all I know is I had dad pack the Dirt Stockers so it won't rain!

-Mark
    Mark Carpenter
    GGS Racing.com
    FP Integra #38
    ITA Acura Integra #17 --SOLD--

UNC-Charlotte and CT

Originally posted by Bugeater@Oct 4 2005, 02:14 PM
    Hey guys - I showed up last year and ran MARRS 7. It was my first (and last) time I spent up at Summit...

...wondering if Spanky, Nekkid guy etc. were going to be up at the track. I plan on showing up and will be Nekkid myself (without my pitcrew) so I was hoping to see familiar faces and maybe drink beer with someone other than my imaginary friends.

Oh yeah, I was the guy with the silver viper. #65 ITE. Plan on being there friday in hopes to get some lernin' done on the track. Definately didnt get the track down last year.

Regards,
    John
    [snapback]61756[/snapback]
    I know that guy. How can I forget that beautiful car. Actually the driver ain't half bad to hang out with either. I'll be there. Just look for the huge by huge DBM black 48' racing trailer directly behind the small bathrooms with small bore. Come find me at some point this weekend. I'll have plenty of cold adult beverages.

Nekkid guy disappeared. We are looking for a replacement. Maybe something different like a Nekkid girl. (you repeat that and my wife will beat you up and then beat me up. Just ask Gregg) :P

Yip in a grass skirt and cocounut bra....... So glad it's suppose to get down to 39° at night. It may force Yip to cover up early.

Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Originally posted by spnkzss@Oct 5 2005, 12:44 PM
    I know that guy. How can I forget that beautiful car. Actually the driver ain't half bad to hang out with either. I'll be there. Just look for the huge by huge DBM black 48' racing trailer directly behind the small bathrooms with small bore. Come find me at some point this weekend. I'll have plenty of cold adult beverages.

Nekkid guy disappeared. We are looking for a replacement. Maybe something different like a Nekkid girl. (you repeat that and my wife will beat you up and then beat me up. Just ask Gregg) :P

Yip in a grass skirt and cocounut bra....... So glad it's suppose to get down to 39° at night. It may force Yip to cover up early.
    [snapback]61813[/snapback]
    Spanky,
    I plan on getting up there thursday - I am looking at the paddock map...found small bore...It looks like I could paddock right next to ya'll, correct? There are white spaces w/o numbers in them all around "group 7" spaces...Man I really really really want to park on a hard surface..the grass was ok last year, but Jesus I cant imagine getting my car out, jacking it up etc on wet grass!

Another Q - most of you guys camp? I got a hotel in Winchester (and am stuck with it due to expedia's no cancel bullsh1t policy) and in the future would rather camp...showers etc good? (ie: work)

Yet another Q - Anyone stay in/near Winchester? I NEED a sportsbar for saturday. Gotta watch a football game at 4.

Most importantly - What brand of beverage is prerequisite? Do you guys like to slum? Go euro? Stick limes in the bottle? Require a bottle thats easy to throw like a grenade? Or is it a priority that the next-day's excrement float/not float? Let me know. I like to contribute...
    ITE #65... a 1996 Vipah Gee Tee Ess

How many ITS 240Z's are entered?

There are currently 9 ITS cars registered. None are Z's. Here's the breakdown:

BMW 325's: 4
    RX-7's: 3
    Miata's: 1
    944's: 1

There are only 41 cars showing as entered in that group (ITS/SSM) so there's always a chance for more.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Originally posted by Bugeater@Oct 5 2005, 03:23 PM
    Spanky,
    I plan on getting up there thursday - I am looking at the paddock map...found small bore...It looks like I could paddock right next to ya'll, correct? There are white spaces w/o numbers in them all around "group 7" spaces...Man I really really really want to park on a hard surface..the grass was ok last year, but Jesus I cant imagine getting my car out, jacking it up etc on wet grass!

Another Q - most of you guys camp? I got a hotel in Winchester (and am stuck with it due to expedia's no cancel bullsh1t policy) and in the future would rather camp...showers etc good? (ie: work)

Yet another Q - Anyone stay in/near Winchester? I NEED a sportsbar for saturday. Gotta watch a football game at 4.

Most importantly - What brand of beverage is prerequisite? Do you guys like to slum? Go euro? Stick limes in the bottle? Require a bottle thats easy to throw like a grenade? Or is it a priority that the next-day's excrement float/not float? Let me know. I like to contribute...
    [snapback]61847[/snapback]
    You may be able to find something close to there. I know most of the hard spots are taken up by race groups. Getting up there Thursday will be somewhat of an advantage. You will know what's reserved by the tape around the spots.

I "camp". I built a 1987 Ford E350 box truck into a rolling shop/sleeping area with power. I wouldn't recommend camping this weekend unless you have a good sleeping bag. It's suppose to be a little cold this weekend. Others like Yip and Gregg turn into panzies and go to a "bed" in a "house". Sometime we can get Gregg to crash and drink with us.

Most people like just about anything cold. Normally I have a rolling bar. This weekend I'm probably jsut going to bring some Bacardi and Coke with Lime "You nut"

If you leave Saturday at 4:00 your going to miss the best part of the Summit experience.

Edited: Forgot to add that yes, the showers are good and work. Bathrooms get a little rough come Sunday, but still usable.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures