Thread: Need help still!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'll have to check the airpath. Iceman CAIC doesn't seem to have a problem, though I could take it off and go up & down the road a few times to see what happens.

O2 could be a real problem, especially since if the car sits idling for more than 5 minutes it starts throwing an O2 sensor code.

Haven't looked into the MAP sensor yet, but will do that as well

Injectors were both just balanced and blueprinted by RC Engineering, so there isn't a problem there.

16 degrees advance actually wasn't enough, as I found that the more timing I threw at it, the better the car ran and the less it "stumbled". Right now the car is set at about 23 degrees advance.

There isn't a cat on the car, so that isn't the problem.

I need to get the car on a dyno to see where my numbers are and I can go from there. I'll let you know where I'm at once I get this done.

Engine had a complete rebuild last fall, and still sits at 120 oil pressure on cold start up and gets to 90-100 oil pressure when warm at WOT on the straights.

Flushed the coolant already several times this year, so no dice there.

TPS is a possibility, as all of the throttle bodies I've had have been used and I haven't tested the TPS to see if they are still good. Do you have a source for a known to be good TPS? I've been trying for months to get one w/ no luck.

Best of luck over the winter in finding your demons, and I'll let you know how I progress in my quest to conquer mine.

Sam
    Sam Myers
    MWHC Series Director

2006 National Championship H4 1991 CRX Si - 7th Place
    2006 MWHC H4 1990 Civic Si HB - RIP
    2004 & 2005 MWHC H5 Champion

visit my sponsors:
    http://picperformance.com/store/scripts/news.asp
    http://www.setrabusa.com
    http://www.tracksourcellc.com

Originally posted by H5Civic@Oct 18 2005, 02:01 AM
    Do you have a source for a known to be good TPS? I've been trying for months to get one w/ no luck.

Sam
    [snapback]62867[/snapback]
    Some say that you can pull off the old ones and put a new one on. I would not do that, It just seems that they are very sensitive to how you put them in.
    I'm kinda against the TPS theory, just because they are not that known to go bad, like say for instance the igniter! I think if you have changed your throttle body then you probably have a decent one in. I still have to get the injectors cleaned on my car, and I will be making a new air intake as wll as a few other things on that list to check. One of us will figure it out soon enough. I'll let you know if I have made considerable process.

Devin
    Devin
    Generations Racing
    ITC Civic #12
    ITC Civic (Bro's ride)
    ITA CRX # 41
    Kart, Purple Plate # 21 (son's kart)