Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone use driving SIMS to practice?

If anybody got rFactor... Mid Ohio and Bryar (yes the old one) are now available for it.

The fake cars that come with rFactor are like IT cars. Little 2L cars.
    Also there is now a patch for rFactor that fixes many of the little problesm it had.
    http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=1040whatsnew

Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

Here's a partial list of currently available tracks for rFactor...more are coming every week.

http://www.team-coca.com/index.php?s=2776&lc=69

Did you ever get the feeling you were talking to yourself?

Check this out
    http://www.bobearlracing.com Yes 'THE' Bob Earl.

Video: http://www.bobearlracing.com/Skip%20...ort%20mpg1.htm

Bill did you see the new scion with the flip up hood with the projector... the car is the racing sim... interesting... although just a prototype... cool

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Nope Raymond...didnt see that.

Here's a list of most of the tracks for GTR

For WGI practice several of us HPDE people have used NASCAR 2003 and have been happy. They are mods to add the boot and other non-NASCAR type cars

I bought Forza and the steering wheel made specifically for the game to practice Road Atlanta before going there for my first time. One thing is to drive a car somewhat similar to what you race. Although some of the very fast cars were fun to play with, I stuck with some of the slower cars. I also used a “low profile” or however you want to term it. My thoughts after driving the track in person…I do think playing the game helped. I knew where to aim the car in certain turns and got to know the general layout of the track. Unfortunately it is impossible to add the fear of crashing in video games, so it certainly was much different. The other thing is that it is very difficult to get a feel for how hilly a track is from a game. But overall I do think it helped me.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

OK, Bill, where'd you get that list? Whats new in rFactor?

Forza has Road Atlanta, but what about other tracks.

Honestly, I don't care about having my sponsors "skin" on my car. I just want an IT car on tracks I will drive....and I don't care about whether it's X-Box or PC or PlayStation.

so, any new suggestions?.

(Someone should make a "kit" for the guy who just wants to drive and doens't want to do days of research and hacking, LOL)
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Hey Boys, I don't ever post here but thought I would way in on this one ! I race PS2 every Wed. night with 3 of my friends and we are currently playing TOCA Race Driver 3 and using the Logitech GT Force wheel. I can only say that this game is awsome and the AI is incredible. There are not enough games that will have you running in 3rd place with 2 turns to go and find the leaders off in the gravel trap ! Talk about realistic !!
    This game is great and I would suggest it to anyone interested in trying the gaming solution ! The game costs 45.00 and is worth every penny, but is missing some of our tracks Hoping to get my motor together soon to come out and play, Shane.

I don't know how close TOCA3 is to TOCA2 but after hearing people raving about TOCA2 I went out and bought an XBOX, game, and wheel/pedal set. I returned everything (except the game which I was stuck with) the same day.

Right now GTR and GT Legends as well as the EA Sports F1 games are the ones to have if you want to add US tracks to them.

Several of us SM guys were getting together at least once a week and racing online. It's easy to setup...you don't have to load any tracks if you don't want to but some are really nice (Lime Rock).

I recommend GTR just because of how popular it is and it's relatively cheap ($30 at Amazon). Just make sure you get a version that comes with the online gaming code. In other words, don't buy used.