Originally posted by Ben 84 RX-7@Sep 28 2005, 03:05 AM
I guess I was referring to the fact that they were out there with us in small bore practice and qualifying for the sprint races. There weren't any Formula Vee's or open wheel cars of any kind...they had their own practice. Maybe they could practice with the open wheel group for the sprints. Then the only time they would be exposed to the larger heavier sedans is during the enduros. Just an idea. I'd like to hear what some Spec racer driver's think. It would be good to hear their ideas.
[snapback]61318[/snapback]

I race a SRF, and did run the one hour enduro with EMRA at Pocono in August. We're typically grouped with small bore production cars at NHIS and generally there aren't too many problems. Its probably as hard for us to see smaller open wheel cars like formula vees as it is for tintops to see us.

I will say that after sharing the track at Pocono with race trucks and the like, I decided to skip the EMRA race at Lime Rock because I wasn't comfortable with the large disparity in lap times around a much tighter, more crowded circuit.

FWIW, on the sports racing forum site one of Adam's crew said that he was wearing his HANS device, and his belts were tight.