Thread: A1 rear wheel alignment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have it under traction bars and watts link. Traction bars run up under the rear axle. There are no definitions nor mention of any required angle of said arms. Nor does the rule say anyhting about FWD or RWD axle control, as far as I can tell. I have the rules here, but maybe they are old?? They were loaded last week.
    Is there an update that I have missed?
    By your response, Bildon, I assume that you are passing on the opportunity to market this.
    The way I read the rules The device that I have engineered is legal. Also goes faster. Testing went well Sat.
    Mike Ogren
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Traction Bar - A longitudinal link to an axle housing or hub carrier which resists torque reaction from the driven wheel(s) by acting in compression or tension.

This is the current GCR defenition. I don't think what you are proposing meets this definition. I am pretty sure this was recently updated specifically to close the loophole that you found.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

Thanks Chris. I have it very linear, with the control arms. I can go back to just controlling the axle with the bushings. It works pretty well, but I cant get the sideload multiplied. I can just vector the side load, inside the bushing. This works about as well,but doesnt look as cool under the car, nor cost as much.
    BTW What is the GCR def of a panhard bar???
    Peace, MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Every time I read about your bushing solution it intriques me. I just worry about what else that might effect. How durable do you think it would be in a side impact to a tire wall, or with another car?
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com