Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to concentrate?

***My mind wanders. In the past I've had random thoughts like doing the laundry pop into my head while I'm behind the wheel. No lie.***

Chris, thanks for the heads up. For you: Which tracks ? What part of a track ? List your random thoughts.

***doing the laundry*** We have met several times & your clean. Is the laundry one of your hated jobs ?

EDIT: ***We won the Cen-Div Area 4 ITS championship this year.*** Congrats on a job well done.

Now if you reall want to see it you can keep your concertation for a race come on up to Blackhawk Farm on Oct 8th & 9th & play. In CenDiv area 5 Peterson's BMW has a 4 point edge over Walk's (sp ?) Mazda for the area 5 Championship. If your mind wanders at the Farm racing these two you need to find a different game to play. I would think you have raced with Walk. Here is a picture of these two guys. They exchange the hammer at every other race.

I toasted my car but will be there to spectate. :119:
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Originally posted by VWPartsGuy@Sep 23 2005, 02:12 PM
    On the other hand if you can win the CenDiv Championship AND think about laundry you might already be in some comfortable Zen-Place and not need any help at all
    [snapback]61068[/snapback]

Hahahaha. I make too many mistakes to have found the zen. It's all due to a really fast car.

And thanks Dave. I'm done for the year or I'd love to come up and play.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Sep 26 2005, 12:48 PM
    ... It's all due to a really fast car.
    [snapback]61212[/snapback]
    Right.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

I'm done for the year or I'd love to come up and play.
    [/quote]
    Chris,
    Hoped to see you at the runoffs @ RA.
    dj

I'm done for the year or I'd love to come up and play.
    Chris,
    dj
    [snapback]61227[/snapback]
    [/quote]

The ARRC? Nah... I talked to James Clay about renting a BMW earlier in the year but he didn't think he'd have any available. And after losing the good motor in August I'm not going to take the RX-7. Maybe next year... Go give 'em hell for me.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div

Chris,
    dj

The ARRC? Nah... I talked to James Clay about renting a BMW earlier in the year but he didn't think he'd have any available. And after losing the good motor in August I'm not going to take the RX-7. Maybe next year... Go give 'em hell for me.

Chris,
    You are a engine shop! Build another one. that was a killer engine you passed me with on the back straight of Mid O! AJ will rent you his, he's building an engine as I type. hehe. I'll try my best at ARRC. Best of luck with the off season and keep in touch.
    Chris, on a serious note of concentration, not to be morbid but....your a good guy and I don't want to see you get hurt but you better stay the hell alert or your going to wind up eating from a straw the rest of your life, which is worse than dying! You are not sitting on your ass playing tic tac toe. Please think of this before and when you go out racing again. Don't forget you could hurt someone else also. On a lighter note, they sell FOCUS FACTOR on TV LOL!!!
    dj

Originally posted by dj10@Sep 27 2005, 06:14 PM
    I'll try my best at ARRC.
    [snapback]61306[/snapback]
    Dan, who else is going to the ARRC with you? C&G boys? I'm toying with going down, it's been too many years.
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

Originally posted by dj10@Sep 27 2005, 06:14 PM
    Chris,
    dj

Chris,
    You are a engine shop! Build another one. that was a killer engine you passed me with on the back straight of Mid O! AJ will rent you his, he's building an engine as I type. hehe. I'll try my best at ARRC. Best of luck with the off season and keep in touch.
    Chris, on a serious note of concentration, not to be morbid but....your a good guy and I don't want to see you get hurt but you better stay the hell alert or your going to wind up eating from a straw the rest of your life, which is worse than dying! You are not sitting on your ass playing tic tac toe. Please think of this before and when you go out racing again. Don't forget you could hurt someone else also. On a lighter note, they sell FOCUS FACTOR on TV LOL!!!
    dj
    [snapback]61306[/snapback]

Well part of the problem is the engine shop. People want their stuff done!
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div

Originally posted by Bildon@Sep 28 2005, 01:35 AM
    Dan, who else is going to the ARRC with you? C&G boys? I'm toying with going down, it's been too many years.
    [snapback]61312[/snapback]
    Bill, I'm not sure but I think AJ is toying with the idea but he changes his mind every 5 minutes hehe. So I'll probably will be going myself. If you want to hookup email me.
    Dan

Chris, side e-mail me please at ddewhurst at earthlink.net need to talk.

Thanks.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

When I'm racing at a track like RA which has long straights and my mind starts to wonder I find talking out loud to help. I notice I'm getting bad because I'll take a couple turns sloppy and quickly realize I'm not staying focused. So I'll say "stay focused Ben". Being my own cheer leader. Or even tell yourself instructions. "Brake at 2 1/2 for turn 5 next time". For a big track it helps you remember.

I went to a racing school that Ross Bentley used to co-instruct (alhtough he was probably never there) in Seattle. They had us remember our tach readings in 3 corners for our 2 lap qualifying then tell them what they were when it was over. Easy way to see if you're getting faster. It was quite the task for a guy who had never been on a race course. Here's a pile of numbers, now go out there and drive the best lap you can and tell me what those numbers are when you're done. It really showed me how together a race driver has to be. Or course radios have kind of changed that since you have a constant stream of info on the other end.

Darn, thinking about all that makes me want to race again. GRRR!!!
    Past owner of an ITA RX7

Originally posted by C. Ludwig@Sep 22 2005, 06:42 AM
    The problem? My mind wanders. In the past I've had random thoughts like doing the laundry pop into my head while I'm behind the wheel. No lie.
    Drive faster. There's nothing like being scared witless to help you concentrate:
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

Originally posted by CaptainWho@Oct 8 2005, 04:55 PM
    Drive faster. ...
    [snapback]62110[/snapback]
    Unfortunately for the rest of us, he already does.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)