Thread: Tire vendors at RA?

I'm assuming that after the practice day there will be a tire vendor at the track to mount a fresh set, right?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Dave-

Hoosier Dady is thier with tractor trailer and a second trailer like Smarty's... They are great, so yes they are generally thier for all 4 days...

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Appalachian Tire is ALWAYS there for all 4 days. Hoosiers and Toyos.
    Call and reserve your size though. They sell ALOT of tires that weekend.

Kumho might also be there, but they aren't at EVERY event like Appalachian so there are no guarantees there.

Goodyear had a small trailer there last year as well.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Appalachian Tire ROCKS! These guys are friendly fast and treat you like you were a pro or something....

I can't say enough good things about them.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Absolutely!
    Those guys are not only good, but they take customer service to a whole new level. I've been dealing with them for years and they've never done anything but exceed my expectations.

As I recently mentioned on another board, one of those guys actually came to ME at VIR last year. They'd heard I might have a defect in a rain tire, and before I could carry it over to their trailer he came to my paddock spot to check it out.
    It was a defect, he left with the tire and 10 minutes later returned with a new one mounted up and ready to go.

Your experience may vary, but I'm a happy camper.

Scott, who says "Thats one of the many reasons I'll gladly spend a few dollars more on Hoosiers."
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Cool

I've dealt with other tire dealers in my long time in the SCCA...most good and friendly and helpful. That said, none of them can hold a candle to Appalachian Tire. There product is the the best one going for our type cars, IMHO. The guys are super good...almost like family. The only time I've had any problems was when one of the guys knew my face, but not my name when I came to them for some service. Apparently, another guy who shares my name had issues with them or they with him or something like that. All was clarified with much embarrassment and laughter. Those guys are the best in the business.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic