Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Isaac system!

You guys are really something special.

I'll take 25.5, please. Anything to get a head start on this winter's planned safety upgrades.
    Hero To The Momentum Challenged

Originally posted by Wreckerboy@Sep 15 2005, 03:49 PM
    You guys are really something special....
    [snapback]60300[/snapback]
    Well, a little crazy maybe...

Thanks.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

While I'm thinking of it, are there any of you who believe you missed a shot at a freebie because this moved so fast? If so we might feel obligated to give you another chance. After all, this guessing has been only about one load sensor on the dummy, and there are dozens of them.

Seriously, if anyone wants Part Deux we can make it happen. Anyone want to guess belt loads, or sled Gs, or maybe lumbar spine compression? Hey, this could be more fun than balancing your checkbook. Lucrative, too.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC

( Think it was open...)

Joe P.
    Porsche 944 Racer

Originally posted by gsbaker@Sep 15 2005, 04:11 PM
    While I'm thinking of it, are there any of you who believe you missed a shot at a freebie because this moved so fast? If so we might feel obligated to give you another chance. After all, this guessing has been only about one load sensor on the dummy, and there are dozens of them.

Seriously, if anyone wants Part Deux we can make it happen. Anyone want to guess belt loads, or sled Gs, or maybe lumbar spine compression? Hey, this could be more fun than balancing your checkbook. Lucrative, too.
    [snapback]60305[/snapback]

I think more importantly, when is the test being done and when will you have results? I'm hoping not to spend $800 this winter
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

***Re the product:
    - There has been some general public discussion of the product, but nothing specific.
    - It is another extension of the Isaac product line. It is not replacing anything.
    - It takes advantage of the modular Isaac concept, allowing existing Isaac systems to be retrofited to this design. ***

Ok, lets start a new "What will it be game".

My guess is that it will be a carbon fiber shoulder deal that the current harness end of the Isaac will attach to.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

16.5 ; I have faith.

Marcus
    Marcus
    miller-motorsports.com - Its always an Adventure (and woefully outdated)
    1.6 ITE/SPU/ST2 Turbo Miata (in pieces... err progress)

Originally posted by ddewhurst@Sep 15 2005, 11:22 PM
    My guess is that it will be a carbon fiber shoulder deal that the current harness end of the Isaac will attach to.

I would like that. I believe the ISAAC device people have strayed away from the worn device because of egress issues.

I also believe that HANS people have a patent on that design (yoke/shoulder harness portion) of the device.

I'd love to see ISAAC license the damper technology/patent to the HANS people (HANS with dampers instead of tethers) or an ISAAC that is SFI approved.

***I also believe that HANS people have a patent on that design (yoke/shoulder harness portion) of the device.***

Daryl, I hear you & thought about that before I posted. BUT, the Hutchenson (IIRC) 2nd device came out with a yoke/shoulder harness portion for their device after HANS. Maybe the device will be mounted to the shoulder portion & not the two vertical horns.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Originally posted by spnkzss@Sep 15 2005, 06:28 PM
    I think more importantly, when is the test being done and when will you have results? I'm hoping not to spend $800 this winter
    [snapback]60322[/snapback]
    Testing is scheduled for the first half of next week. Let's use noon Monday as the cutoff for guesses.

We'll have results immediately after testing. If we can get everything packed into Monday, I could post the results as early as Tuesday.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC

How about 24.5 for me. But Gregg you can change my number to the winning number later if no one has claimed it ;-)
    Washington DC Region
    Scuderia Tortuga
    MARRS ITC Scirocco #12

I'm going with 33.5 (since I wanted 33.3). I'm hoping for everyone's sake that I'm wrong... My daughter was born on 3/3/03, so I figured what the hey... I was originally going to go with 33 (close to 33.03) but that of course is taken.

My real hope is that your final result is like 17.75, because that was my gut instinct as soon as you explained the range... Not that we really know anything to make an educated guess though If you go to 1/4 increments, I get dibs on 17.75!

Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

Originally posted by Daryl DeArman@Sep 15 2005, 10:51 PM
    ...I believe the ISAAC device people have strayed away from the worn device because of egress issues....
    [snapback]60348[/snapback]
    Big 10-4 there, Daryl. Every time--not some time or most times, but every time--a H&N restraint has trapped a driver in a car it's been one they have had to wear.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC

Originally posted by evanwebb@Sep 16 2005, 12:53 PM
    How about 24.5 for me. But Gregg you can change my number to the winning number later if no one has claimed it ;-)
    [snapback]60390[/snapback]
    Sorry Evan, I don't think that's in the rules.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC

Originally posted by ShelbyRacer@Sep 16 2005, 03:04 PM
    I'm going with 33.5 (since I wanted 33.3). I'm hoping for everyone's sake that I'm wrong...
    [snapback]60407[/snapback]
    Matt,

There is nothing to be ashamed of if we get 33.5. That's a driver who is still alive.

This is a big blast. Most IRL impacts aren't this big, and IRL posts some huge numbers. On the baseline videos one can see the driver's chest collapse from the belt loads--I'm talking flattened like a pancake. Very nasty. And the head loads are so high the driver is definitely a dead dummy, no question. If we can save a driver in such extreme impacts we have much to be proud of.

We'll take 33.5. We won't like it, but we'll take it.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC

We'd like to thank everyone for their enthusiastic participation. It was more than expected and a great source of amusement.

Someone will win an Isaac system, unless we break something and have no numbers to work with. If that happens we will make it up somehow.

Along those lines, I want everyone to know that this crash test is the second time we have hit this prototype. The first time was on another sled, where it saved the dummy. When I say "this prototype" I mean the exact same set up; not the same concept, not the same design but the exact same hardware. That's right folks, it's a "used" Isaac system and a "used" helmet with "used" helmet mounts attached with "used" Isaac adhesive.

Got to go. Igor and I must repair to the lab and hook up the electrodes.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC

Originally posted by gsbaker@Sep 16 2005, 05:16 PM
    Someone will win an Isaac system, it's a "used" Isaac system and a "used" helmet with "used" helmet mounts attached with "used" Isaac adhesive.
    [snapback]60423[/snapback]
    Gee Greg, what kind of a deal is that?
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Marty, I took the "IT" that Gregg was referring to is the unit being sled tested, not the prize.

Even if it was the prize, I'd still be cool with it, wouldn't you....guess a silly number win a prize...no 1099 for the prize...sounds like a winner to me.

Just trying to add a little humor - failed again I see.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

26 FOR USGUYS
    Remember it's them or USGUYS