Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WGI Fun one 9/17,9/18

Who will be trekking out to the Glen this coming weekend? Seems like the online registration closed a bit early so it only shows a total of 187 cars registered. From what I understand, there are a tonnage more cars registered, including myself, but it does not show on the entry list. So who's going?
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

They will have a huge field; picked this info up at the Vintage race at the Glen this past weekend.

I plan on going.

Cheers.

I was planning on going...BUT i when registered for the race gas wasn't $3.20 a gallon !! So unfortunatly the price of gas has put the kibosh on my plans. Kinda sucks too The Glen is my favorite track. Anybody want to buy a V-10 Dodge ? You all have fun , I'll be working my tail off to make the NARRC. Hey Tim K. good luck down there , too bad we couldn't carry out our usual ITC battle. Just try not to break my record ,OK?

John VanDenburgh
    ITC Rabbit 05
    John VanDenburgh

VanDenburgh Motorsports
    ITB Audi Coupe GT

Originally posted by Rabbit05@Sep 13 2005, 08:14 PM
    I was planning on going...BUT i when registered for the race gas wasn't $3.20 a gallon !! So unfortunatly the price of gas has put the kibosh on my plans. Kinda sucks too The Glen is my favorite track. Anybody want to buy a V-10 Dodge ? You all have fun , I'll be working my tail off to make the NARRC. Hey Tim K. good luck down there , too bad we couldn't carry out our usual ITC battle. Just try not to break my record ,OK?

John VanDenburgh
    ITC Rabbit 05
    [snapback]60095[/snapback]
    John - You were supposed to show me around - what da ya mean break your record - I don't even know how to get to the track. HELP !!! I'll miss ya.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

I was going to go but I am going to Mid Ohio for the runnoffs on Sunday night. Originally I was going to go out to the Glen then meet up with Dad on his way out. Then my Brother could drive the truck and car back. Now Dad is going out Saturday night so I have no way to get from the Glen to Mid Ohio unless I tow the Race car out.... No can do with these new fuel costs!!!

Stephen
    ITB Audi Coupe
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

This is one of the best weekends to race all season! I'm there with the car fully prepped and ready from last weekend at NHIS.

Cheers,
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Could be touch "damp", however.

Ray, see you at the track we will be in the garage somewhere. :119: Tom Weaver
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Originally posted by joeg@Sep 13 2005, 02:53 PM
    They will have a huge field
    336 entries IRL Testing Friday.
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

I'm there #55.... And Don as well #50.
    We're running both ITB cars this weekend.
    Hopefully putting another NYSRRC ITB title in the bag
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

Any good news? I heard that there was a super fast Acura there.

Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    Summit Point 12 hour SM 1st place
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

ray whats the scoop?

rick #06 2005 ITA narrc champ
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Ok guys, I want some honest feedback on this one:

I am thinking seriously of sending an open letter to the SCCA (and/or comp board) requesting that they rethink the IT rules program. There is absolutely no way that it can be policed as it is by the stewards, and I’ll be damned if I have to keep putting up one thousand dollars each time somebody rolls up with a windellmobile.

I am at the point where I don’t really enjoy it this way, the guy in the miata and I were talking how Windell really ruined the event for both of us because we were racing for the win, and track records, and the windellmobile comes blasting out of nowhere and blows us off. To be honest once I got passed and realized that I was now racing for third, I just rolled over and drove 90% just to make sure I didn’t wreck it.

I think they need to free up the rules or consolidate the class with production or something.... so there is more that can be done so that "non-compliant" motors won’t be so easy to build since everybody can buy a cam and pistons. I realize the there is currently a production class, but it is not simple to got from IT to Prod without a lot of expense, and the fields are not as good, but the disparity is getting really big, and there is less about driving skill and more about what you can get away with.

tom i am not sure what to do . when we were at pocono i knew it was for 2nd or 3rd not for the win. rick
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Tom what happened yesterday? I heard the scuffle in impound (next to our garage) after the race. Who won? Windell and the Miata laped at turn 5 with the Miata leading the way and then you passed me on the front stretch with Ray hooked to your bumper. I lost the tranny on lap 13 no joy here.

Bill Weaver
    ITA RX-7 #63

W J Weaver

Tom,

Tough one. I think if I was in a class that has drivers like that, I would have to be prepared to pony up and flush the cheaters out. It seems like you are saying there are some obvious cheaters out there. If they are, your money come back...but you know this.

How about a $10 compliance fee added to each IT registration to buy, maintain and train people on the tools we need to check compression, cylinder volume, cam specs, etc?

How about this winter we ask our CB Chairs to put into action a plan to be ready - and I mean REALLY READY for a full protest at any race they include in their Championship Series?

Then protests can be handled quickly and as painless as possible...

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I agree with Andy but understand why/where you're coming from Tom. The problem with opening things up is it adds to the cost of racing. We need IT to stay at it's current cost (or better yet, find ways to reduce the costs). But something must be done. I would love to see a Warning: You better clean your cars up cause in '06, cars will be legal. Like we've discussed in other posts, I'm not talking about dumb things like washer bottles or other minor non-performance items.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Originally posted by Andy Bettencourt@Sep 19 2005, 12:02 PM
    Tom,

Tough one. I think if I was in a class that has drivers like that, I would have to be prepared to pony up and flush the cheaters out. It seems like you are saying there are some obvious cheaters out there. If they are, your money come back...but you know this.

How about a $10 compliance fee added to each IT registration to buy, maintain and train people on the tools we need to check compression, cylinder volume, cam specs, etc?

How about this winter we ask our CB Chairs to put into action a plan to be ready - and I mean REALLY READY for a full protest at any race they include in their Championship Series?

Then protests can be handled quickly and as painless as possible...

AB
    [snapback]60558[/snapback]
    Andy:

Last year when we grouped together and protested the CRX at the NARRC and found him blatently illegal with popup pistons, he got a simple slap on the wrist (they took the win away ooooohhhh) and we got our protest fee back months later less the cost of the camdoctor $250 and the manditory handling charge, so it still cost us more that it was worth.

So as I said I don't know what the answer is, but losing a minimum of $300 per protest (right or wrong) can add up especially when it becomes a cat and mouse game. I must say at least at the national level I never really had seen this much (except it the old SSA turbo days)

Hmmm, I was thinking about you guys all weekend and was wishing I could be there. I guess I don't feel so bad now.
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Hey, does anyone know who won it ITS on Sunday?

I wish I could have been there, it was a beautiful day!

Chris Camadella
    ITS Porsche 944
    Chris Camadella
    ITS Porsche 944