Thread: Gonna come see the ARRC

Looks like Cameron and I, since we're done racing for the year, are going to come to the ARRC and do some scouting around. Is there a good choice for a hotel?

K

I may also be interested in attending the ARRC this year. I have family just across the SC state line on 85 so my lodging would be no problem. This year the ARRC falls 4 days before my anniversary, so I may be able to slide out and celebrate with the wife the following weekend.

Kirk, the last time I stayed at a hotel at RA was several years ago and I think it was the Admiral Benbow. Nothing special, including the price, if I remember correctly.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

I wouldn't use the Admiral Benbow anymore. We used to, but...

There is a Comfort Inn there that we used in desperation a few years ago. Try in Gainesville; it's not that fair and there is a better selection.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

The Comfort Inn is good, but difficult to get into. If you haven't got reservations by now, then your chances are slim and none. I made mine in July when I raced in Atlanta. They were filling up then for the ARRC. Suwanee is only20 minutes away and has some good motels, gas, and food nearby. Also, there are some in Winder, but I don't know much about them. It's getting to where rooms are as difficult to come by as they were when they had the Runoffs in Atlanta.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

The northeast burbs of Atlanta will put you 20-30 mins away. There's Suwanee as mentioned and I think there may be some hotels around the Mall of Georgia in Buford as well. A hotel around the mall would probably be the closest other than Gainesville. You could always stay at the Chateau of course.

David
    ITA 240SX #17
    Atlanta Region

Because my ole 510 ITC was (and is) still sitting out in a field with weeds growing around it, and I took my girlfriend last year, I stayed at the Pine Island Resort on lake Lanier,about a 10 minute drive from the track. Very pleasant, convenient and fairly expensive, but much cheaper than racing. They have good specials that save alot, so she got her hot tub! If I were by myself or another guy, probably would have gone elsewhere, but we really did enjoy the hotel and all that went with it. Didn't bring my clubs, so it saved me a bunch more. Hope to see you all there this year!
    David

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express across from Chateau Elan last year. Would be fine doing that again if we were going....

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region

If you're coming to the ARRC, but aren't planning to race, see if you have the time to volunteer in one of the specialties for a day or two. I'm sure the specialty chiefs would be ecstatic! If you'd be interested in this, instructions for getting on the Worker E-List for Atlanta Region are at http://www.atl-scca.org/LongTerm/workerlist.htm. We'll be working corners.
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion

Or to work corners email [email protected]

To contact other specialty chiefs, go to www.atl-scca.org, click the link for Race Officials.

Heck, if you just show up with SCCA membership card in hand, I don't think they'll turn you away at Registration.

Bob Hudson
    Former Asst Flag Chief
    Now SIT
    Bob Hudson
    National Steward

Originally posted by bhudson@Sep 16 2005, 07:07 AM
    Or to work corners email [email protected]
    Well, Bob, of course I meant "work corners", but I didn't want to sound as biased as I am. :-)
    Doug "Lefty" Franklin
    NutDriver Racing
    ITA/IT7 RX-7 and SPU Baby Grand
    Flagging & Communication
    SEDiv/AtlRegion