Originally posted by Banzai240@Sep 26 2005, 06:23 AM
Guys... This is a pointless direction for this conversation... The ITAC has NO intention at this time of putting any further restrictions on the age of the vehicles that are eligible for IT... The limit now is 68, and I don't anticipate revising that anytime soon... We have more important things to deal with...
[snapback]61190[/snapback]
The reason I susgested a 40 year limit is that it wouldn't start untill 2008, then once it did start you could anticipate it's arrival. Let's face it there are a lot of cars that could be classed if the natural progression was that ITS moves to ITA, ITA to ITB and ect. This accounts for the dreaded performance creep and also rules creep due to technology changes. Just for conversation sake, how about a 45 year limit, wouldn't start untill 2013. There are cars from the late 90's that havn't been classed yet because they're outside of the current envelope. That's the original intent of this thread. How do you keep the current classes and allow for performance creep? Add a Uber class is one way, another is planned progressive retirement. The Uber class means splitting up a limited number of drivers and still doesn't account for technology creep. Ron, I agree that to all of a sudden de-class a car wouldn't be right, but what if you could anticipate it comming. You and I both know you can keep your JH running a long time even without any parts, that's what a CNC center is for after all. for rescuing your JH from the boneyard that's a real piece of work.

James