Thread: Spec Rain Tires?

Since we have a spec tire in IT7 here in the SEDiv, what is the rain tire we have to use? My guess is that it would be an unshaved for standing water or a half? shaved for intermediate.

Whadaya think?

Tom Sprecher

I don't see why we are restricted to only one tire, unless of course someone has something to gain from that one supplier. It just doesn't make sense to me that in the land of freedom of choice, the racer can not choose which tire they prefer.

Why should I care? I prefer the Toyo anyway, but I would prefer the freedom to choose what works best for me. Whose hair brained idea was it to dictate tires anyway?
    Mike Guenther
    ITR #11
    http://www.improvedtouring.com

The full-tread Toyo is a danged good rain tire. I put my ITB Golf second on the grid in a NASA small-bore practice session at VIR this year, and the only car ahead of me was a B-something powered Civic H1 car, on the new Hoosier "real" rain tire.

That said, I don't understand the question. Are you asking about a rule that's in place or for rcommendations for a rule to be applied?

K

I'm asking for a clarification of the spec tire rule for IT7 that was voted on and passed this year for the SEDiv. I understand that the Toyo Proxes RA1 is the only tire the class can run. Does this include in the rain as well? If so, do you use tires that have not been shaved?

I am sorry if that was not clear at first.

Tom Sprecher