Originally posted by chuck baader@Sep 23 2005, 06:37 PM
Darin, THANK YOU.
Bill..."thrown into a class" I think is a slight oversimplification
Scott: You have had a problem with me and everything I have said for a couple of years. That is the reason I usually don't post after you but unfortunately I allowed myself to be drawn in this time. Everyone please excuse me for this lapse in judgment.

See ya'll on the track. Chuck
[snapback]61086[/snapback]
How is it an oversimplification Chuck? It's pretty damn obvious that there was no objectivity applied to the E36 classing in ITS. Otherwise, how do you explain a car that makes 11 more hp than the E36 (both stock numbers) ends up over 500# heavier?

As far as the 'no guarantee' thing goes, long before PCAs were a twinkle in anyone's eye, comp. adj., in the form of reclassification, have been around. That meant that cars could be moved down or up. Ask the Accord folks how they felt when they got moved from B to A. Problem is, there's no place above S to push the E36. So maybe they should just push them out. No need to worry about dyno numbers, no need to worry about an overdog car, no need to worry about whiny drivers that think they're entitled to run an overdog because it got slid in at the wrong weight, and no need to deal w/ 20+ page threads on the IT board!

The ITAC has developed a pretty objective process, that's being applied to ALL IT cars. Doesn't really matter how things were done in the past, that's how they're being done now. I feel pretty safe in saying that the vast majority of the people on this board, myself included, think that that is a VERY good thing for the future of IT.

Some cars will get weight, some cars will lose weight, some cars may go up a class, some cars may (and have) gone down a class. Some cars won't change a bit (that's probably the majority). Point is, it's objective, and everybody's playing by the same rules. If you don't like the outcome, work w/in the system to get the process changed. The alternative is to take your car and your $$ elsewhere. People have done it before, and people will do it again.