Also, look at the "meat" of ITS, the Z car and the RX-7.

In terms of real actual wheel HP, the 7 puts down, what 180? And the E36 is in the 217 plus range. Torque-wise of course, they are worlds apart.

So, you have to assume the Lexus motor will gain some hp in an IT build, ease of build notwithstanding. Just the standard stuff will have it putting more power down than ITS has ever seen. Theoretically, if we take the known BMW gains, this motor will put down in the strong 250 range. Solving that number to the Z car/RX-7 level yields a weight in the mid 3000 lbs.

As it stands, the current weight of the E36 is obviously not on par with the rest of the class, so it follows that, to class a Lexus correctly, not only would it be heavier than the E36, but that the E36 can't be used as a benchmark, or a desired "bogey" so to speak.

I would love to see it added, but it has to be done properly.

Personally speaking, I think classing anything in teh 3500 pound range is getting too far from the linear tire response curve, and I hate to see that. I DO want cars like this classed and running, but I DO NOT like the idea of classing them at 3500 pounds on 7" wide wheels.

Are there a lot of cars that would actually show up and run if they were classed fairly? What if they were classed at say 3000, and ran 8" rims, in a class above ITS, call it "ITR"? Would more show up?