Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Autumn Classic

Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

Don't know if it was the same guy that ran Daytona in August, but we had an idiot in a SM that played heavily in the outcome of the ITC race. I was fortunate to capitalize on his stupidity, but two other C cars and almost 3 didn't get so lucky. Stupid fool was a back marker from the start, spun early, and stayed with the four of us the rest of the race. He hit me lightly in the bumper trying to split a three wide C race. He spun in turn one (again) and took out a C car. On the next to last lap, he dove into the chicane on a low percentage pass, spun, and backed across the track. Barely missed one C car and caused the guy ahead of me to spin off and on not 6 inches ahead of me. We didn't touch, but there were several racers and stewards hunting for the SM driver after the race. As in most cases, there were no other Miatas anywhere near us.
    I guess their egos must be so huge that they just lose it. I'd move up classes, too, but I could only economically afford to only go to B, and that would do me little good.
    Sooner or later, all the steward will realize that the class has to run alone and that the drivers should be scutinized more. Even SRF doesn't get away with the kind of driving crap that you see in SM.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic