Thread: Is it just me.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Originally posted by dickita15@Aug 31 2005, 02:13 PM
    I agree that there are way more clicks needed now. between the sub forums and the pinned topics it is harder to see whqt is new. I really don't like using the new topic button as I lose context.

I did think it was just me though.
    [snapback]59423[/snapback]

OK this is good to hear.... I'm so busy with the site construction/changes that I have not had time to "feel" how it all works now.

Keep the comments coming please !!

Both pro and con... You can't hurt my feelings. If they suck..tell me ! :P
    <div align="center">http://www.improvedtouring.com/images/IT_Sig.jpg
    Webmaster </div>

Originally posted by Webmaster@Aug 31 2005, 02:39 PM
    OK this is good to hear.... I&#39;m so busy with the site construction/changes that I have not had time to "feel" how it all works now.

Keep the comments coming please !!

Both pro and con... You can&#39;t hurt my feelings. If they suck..tell me ! :P
    [snapback]59428[/snapback]
    Netscape&#39;s tabbed browsing makes this real easy to get around. I go to the main page and open each new forum (that I care about) in a new tab and then start closing tabs as I go. The only thing that I really miss from the old site iis after you have read a forum, or a single topic in that forum, it used to mark the rest as "read" automatically even if you didn&#39;t read them. If there is a new post on Summit Point and a new Post on NHIS something or another and I read the Summit post and not the NHIS post it now only keeps the Summit post as read and the NHIS post stays unread. I&#39;d like both to be read again.

Awesome job on the new site. It&#39;s just going to take time to get into a new "groove".

This whole thing reminds me of GCR Rule changes. Some people like it some other&#39;s don&#39;t and some just don&#39;t pay attention anymore
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Originally posted by spnkzss@Aug 31 2005, 02:01 PM
    Netscape&#39;s tabbed browsing makes this real easy to get around. I go to the main page and open each new forum (that I care about) in a new tab and then start closing tabs as I go. The only thing that I really miss from the old site iis after you have read a forum, or a single topic in that forum, it used to mark the rest as "read" automatically even if you didn&#39;t read them. If there is a new post on Summit Point and a new Post on NHIS something or another and I read the Summit post and not the NHIS post it now only keeps the Summit post as read and the NHIS post stays unread. I&#39;d like both to be read again.

I think some of this has to do with the cookie settings and whether you close out of IE before your next visit. IE for me is up all day long and only rarely does it recognize that it has been 1 or more hours since I last visited. I&#39;m not sure that anything can be done about that...

As for the organization, some of it is nice (like the newbie subcategory), but I&#39;d agree that we don&#39;t have the traffic to warrant it.
    "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win.” - Bobby Knight

Bill
    Planet 6 Racing