Thread: Sentra SER Chassis

Is the Sentra SER ( 91) chassis any different from a SE Sentra? I have a chance to get a nice roller for cheap but it is an SE. Anyone know anything about these cars?

You might email Dave Muramoto in Colorado. He is pretty up on the details of the S13s and S14s.

I don&#39;t have his address handy, it&#39;s something like nissan3gt5<at>cs<dot>com. If you check the RMDiv divisonal report (&#39;Pony Express&#39 in SportsCar, which he writes, I think he publishes his address at the bottom.
    Ty Till
    #16 ITS
    Rocky Mountain Division
    2007 RMDiv ITS champion

Check out sentra.net and sr20forum.com - they have plenty of info on both the 2.0 liter (SR20 engine SE-R) and the 1.6 liter (SE, XE, E) cars.

The chassis code for the &#39;91 - &#39;94 Sentras is B13. The chassis is the same, with some minor suspension tweaks for the SE-R. Bigger sway bars, a touch stiffer shocks and springs, I believe.

I have a &#39;92 XE that I started tracking this year. This winter I&#39;m probably going to prep it for ITB. Next year the 1.6 liter Sentras are moving from ITA to ITB, so they might have a shot at being competetive.

B13 - same chassis as long as it&#39;s not a 4-door.
    SE-R&#39;s got the SR20, 5 speed, suspension bits, other odds and ends. Also a different rear fascia on the trunk with additional brake lights.
    SR20forum.com is a good starting place. Stay in the Motorsports area to get real answers to questions. Much of the rest of the site is a lot of babble about bling-bling and stupid questions.
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

I&#39;ve got David Muramoto&#39;s e-mail as Nissan7gt5<at>cs.com. He&#39;;s a good guy and is always willing to lend a hand.