Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: October fastrack is out

Jake,
    I was just trying to point out that they all want to know what the committee talks about, but just knowing wouldn't be enough, so they would want details. And then they would want transcripts to know who said what about each discussion. Just like some have advocated for the CRB and BoD.

Knowing how long some of these calls last, can you just imagine?
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

Originally posted by DavidM@Sep 1 2005, 02:48 PM
    So did somebody ask to have the 1.8 Miata classed in IT? And file all the appropriate paper work that has been mentioned in this thread to get other cars classed?

Also, restrictor plates are going to obviously only affect acceleration. Weight affects acceleration, handling, and braking. It would seem to me that using a restrictor plate to correct an underweighted car is not a complete solution. I'm not saying that the 1.8 weight is wrong, but if it is, then saying a restrictor plate will solve everything doesn't make much sense to me.

David
    [snapback]59521[/snapback]
    Yes and no. The car was requested to be moved to ITA but VTS sheets were not needed because the car was already classified. VTS sheets are needed to gather info on cars that don't have it filed yet.

AB
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Originally posted by DavidM@Sep 1 2005, 07:48 PM
    Also, restrictor plates are going to obviously only affect acceleration. Weight affects acceleration, handling, and braking. It would seem to me that using a restrictor plate to correct an underweighted car is not a complete solution.
    [snapback]59521[/snapback]
    Restrictor plates will also affect top speed, probably more than acceleration in a few cases. They also affect tip-in response, which can be corrected to some extent in calibration. There are some real development dollars involved there to maximize performance. While it may not solve everything, it affects the car almost everywhere on the track, and doesn't add to momentum in a crash situation (so I'm all for it as an option).

It's more of a penalty than many may realize.

Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

Originally posted by OTLimit@Sep 1 2005, 08:11 PM
    I was just trying to point out that they all want to know what the committee talks about, but just knowing wouldn't be enough, so they would want details. And then they would want transcripts to know who said what about each discussion. Just like some have advocated for the CRB and BoD.
    I, for one, am not asking for that. I am on/ have been on two committees myself (Time Trials Admin and B/D Production- please don't kill me), so I can very much appreciate the concept of the marathon conf. call. Being in charge of the Time Trials Admin Committee, I have made our minutes available and asked for them to be published, but so far they have not been. If this is the case with ITAC, it may not be by their choice.

I just personally think that any interested member should be able to see what was discussed when, and what "decisions" were made. I'm not trying to do it to point a finger, but I'd like a little idea of how things unfold and over what time frame.
    Matt Green

ITAC Member- 2012-??
    Tire Shaver at TreadZone- www.treadzone.com
    #96 Dodge Shelby Charger ITB- Mine, mine, all mine!
    I was around when they actually improved Improved Touring! (and now I'm trying not to mess it up!)

Well, maybe someday, but keep in mind that we are at an unprecedented point in the open communications between commitees and membership.

I've been a member since the 80s, and (jeeeeezzz ) from my point of view, the club has turned a corner and the "secrecy" is at an all time low. I would like to think that the ITAC is the model of all the ad hoc commitees, but who knows....

I do know however that there is, of course, room for improvement, but for now, there are no fewer than 4 or 5 active ITAC members who post here.

Three years ago, nobody had that kind of access.

So, ask away!
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

OK, OK, OK..... I've solved everyone's problems- I was just lurking until it got real good! Bracket racing on a road course....break out times the whole nine yards.....(just when I thought I couldn't get any brighter!) I'll probably work on world hunger next...then the age old question "what is the meaning of life?"
    Gotta go- I got some work to do!
    Rob
    BMW Z3 #36

(ps Jake my Z3 shifts @6800 all day! (like it matters!!!!)
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Originally posted by Doc Bro@Sep 2 2005, 08:24 AM

Rob
    BMW Z3 #36

(ps Jake my Z3 shifts @6800 all day! (like it matters!!!!)
    [snapback]59558[/snapback]
    Well, you snagged one of the more desirable ones....the E30 325Es are less entertaining...

(As the former owner of a running 528E, and now the owner of a done-blowed-it-up 528E, and am somewhat versed in thes manners, LOL)

(And the point -so poorly made, LOL- was that there are lots of common cars, that are classed, that will never be a Miata)
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

In the San Fran Region the ITA class is owned by (of all things) a 1st gen RX7.
    The driver is capable and has raced these cars for many years.
    Pevious to that the RX3 dominated for many years.
    The current ITA class at SFR is huge (25+ cars) with many SM and purpose built ITA Miata's. Some are as fast as the 1st gen 7. Yes there are a few Honda's and Acura's also.
    Is the 1st gen a tweener? Doesn't appear so. This group has many good drivers.
    But the 1st gen still wins. And has multiple championships.
    Maybe alot of the 1st gens running ITA are not prepped to the maximum level.
    Keep in mind this is the largest region in the nation. Typical double regional weekends have 350-500 entries. 50-60 SM and 25+ ITA. Alot of the drivers run multiple classes.
    Check out race results here.
    http://www.sfrscca.org/Results/index.html

See ya at turn one!!

Charles Buzzetti
    ITS RX7 #78
    Charles Buzzetti
    2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
    2010 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
    2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
    2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion
    2009 NASA GTS-1 National P3

I think he needs to come east...and try his luck at the ARRC...it's too bad there isn't some tow fund to make it easier on the west coast guys. That is ONE aspect of the national program that is cool. I know it probably doesn't really make THAT big a difference, but I do wish the fast guys from the West could make it east.

Or that we had a more centralized IT championships...

(Not that the Atlanta region is wanting in anyway...)
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

WOW - talk about the Mazda Club of America! Is there some advantage of running a Mazda at Mazda Raceway? Nearly everyone is running Mazdas.
    Jake Fisher : ITA MR2 #22 : www.racerjake.com