Chris,

Just to add my two cents. I had had the track record at kershaw in ITB in my rabbit GTI. I know that track very well and I have always been fast there. If you look at past times at kershaw, in ITC I was not running that incredibly fast. For whatever reason that 4 time champ was running really, really slow. A fast itc CRX should be running 2:00 or less at that track because it is bascially an autocross.

As for Road Atlanta, both the older scirocco and the newer civics had more straightline speed than I did. I was all over them in the turns but down the straights I could not even catch either of them in the draft. I think it will be a very interesting ARRC. It will probably be the best race of the ARRC.

I will be the first one to admit that my car is very fast, It has all the developement of the my last four years with an A1 in ITB as well as all of the legal tricks and know how of BSI racing. (Thanks STU!) Not to mention how much money I have thrown at it this year. If it wasnt competitive I would be more than disappointed.

I think the scirocco II is just what VW needed in ITC to keep up with that 2nd gerernation civic. Those are the fast cars to watch and I think they are just starting to be developed. If I wasnt knee deep in VW stuff, that would be the car I would choose to build for ITC.

I think this year at the ARRC there will be several of those fast Hondas. With the list of people who are saying they are coming anyone of us will be lucky to finish in the top 5. I cant wait!

Derek Ketchie
ITC #15 VW Scirocco