Thread: Balancing a 12A

I've got a couple engine assemblies I need balanced -- anybody here have any experience with shops, or any shops they'd recommend? I've heard Rotary Performance, Racing Beat, and ISC do it. Assuming RP still does it I would lean towards them because they're "local", but if one of the others is a bunch cheaper and better or more reliable I'm not averse to crating the stuff up and shipping it.

TIA.
    RX-7 & Miata Parts, Rentals, etc.
    www.taylorrotorsports.com

Originally posted by Chris Taylor@Aug 11 2005, 11:03 PM
    I've got a couple engine assemblies I need balanced -- anybody here have any experience with shops, or any shops they'd recommend? I've heard Rotary Performance, Racing Beat, and ISC do it. Assuming RP still does it I would lean towards them because they're "local", but if one of the others is a bunch cheaper and better or more reliable I'm not averse to crating the stuff up and shipping it.

TIA.
    [snapback]58278[/snapback]
    I called ISC on this just today. The impression I get is that they farm the work out. Turn around is 2-3 weeks. Mazdatrix is much cheaper ($190 v $375) with a similar turn around time. SDJ does good work but their website is down and I can't seem to find their contact info so no idea on price or turn around time. RB advertises their service at $317.
    Chris Ludwig
    GL Lakes Div
    www.ludwigmotorsports.com

I used Mazdatrix. They found a couple of my parts to be out of spec and offered substitutes at very reasonable cost. Delivered when they said they would. Good experience.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

We have always used

Mandeville Auto Tech
    350 Simuel Rd
    Spartanburg SC 29304
    864-582-0038
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion