Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Point – Labor Day Weekend Double

Originally posted by Bill Miller@Aug 15 2005, 07:20 AM
    There are a few places to eat around Shoney's.
    Actually, Bill, all the good places to eat are one exit up. Get on I-81 northbound and get off the next exit (about a mile, maybe less?). Turn right and there you'll find a mall and lots of eating places nearby. I seem to recall a Ruby Tuesday's there, maybe a Longhorn Steakhouse; you know, all the typical "around the mall" suburbia type of places.

While it may sound like a good idea, I strongly recommend avoiding the Shoney's breakfast, unless you like grease, gravy, and re-warmed food. Our preference for breakfast is typically the Dunkin Donuts located in the gas station/convenience store immediately to the right as you make a left out of the Shoney's parking lot.

If you get tight on hotels, you'll find a Fairfield Inn at the one exit up, as well as other similar quality hotels at both exits... GA

yeah martinsburg has a lot of food places right around the mall, plus there is a lowes there too in case you need anything to glue your car back together. Though nothing beats some good old grillin at the track.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

if a run group fills up, preference will be given to those that have already run more than two marrs races this year.
    I read this in the supps... So if I was the first person to register but have not raced a marrs event this year and the run group has over 50 cars, I could easily be bumped? Do the people that get bumped out of the event at least get notified?

Yum, yum. The pulled pork two years ago was great! And from what I hear there is always plenty of beer at the track.
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

yeap, all the beer you can bring

--
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Originally posted by GregAmy@Aug 15 2005, 12:19 PM
    Actually, Bill, all the good places to eat are one exit up. Get on I-81 northbound and get off the next exit (about a mile, maybe less?). Turn right and there you'll find a mall and lots of eating places nearby. I seem to recall a Ruby Tuesday's there, maybe a Longhorn Steakhouse; you know, all the typical "around the mall" suburbia type of places.

While it may sound like a good idea, I strongly recommend avoiding the Shoney's breakfast, unless you like grease, gravy, and re-warmed food. Our preference for breakfast is typically the Dunkin Donuts located in the gas station/convenience store immediately to the right as you make a left out of the Shoney's parking lot.

If you get tight on hotels, you'll find a Fairfield Inn at the one exit up, as well as other similar quality hotels at both exits... GA
    [snapback]58391[/snapback]
    actually, i think you meant one exit SOUTH on 81. that is where all those restaurants are. there is also a pep boys, walmart and food lion.

Originally posted by mlytle@Aug 15 2005, 08:49 PM
    actually, i think you meant one exit SOUTH on 81...
    Mumbling to himself: Let's see, take a right to the highway, right on the entrance, opposite direction from Connecticut......Yep, you're right, m'man! TOWARDS VIR...that's the ticket!

The Labor Day race is a great event and everyone has a blast. Come on and join the fun.
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    Summit Point 12 hour SM 1st place
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

I plan to be in the grandstands and around the paddock. UPS came by and dropped off my GCR and Novice Log book, so im sure by then the happy dance will have subsided to just a smile and wait attitude.

Now to get my car ready.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Originally posted by moto62@Aug 15 2005, 05:04 AM
    Shoneys it is. We decided to hotel it but we most certainly will stick around for any partying at the track. So, are there any other Northeast folks making the trip down? Are there any convenient stores nearby? How about Dunkin Donuts? Are there any of those in close proximity? Where can a guy get a good steak? Is there food at the track? Coronas for everyone. YEAAAH! Do I ask too many questions? Damn! It sucks to be spoiled
    [snapback]58384[/snapback]

Ray if you come down make sure that you stop by have a beer with the RP Performance gang.
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    Summit Point 12 hour SM 1st place
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

Ray,
    I can vouch - FUN track, and very, ahem, laid back atmosphere in the PAVED paddock (IF you can find space !!!)

I think the thing I liked most is that is a very SAFE track, with great runoff, interesting mix of technical and vertical....

Dave Gran, heading for the woods, right? If you get there before me, save a spot? I'm sure my cooler will be full (on friday night) - and Ray? I'll bring bottles (and limes) this time

Looking forward to that Southern Hospitality !!!
    Dave Youngren
    NER ITA RX7 #71

Originally posted by RP Performance+Aug 15 2005, 09:45 PM-->
    Ray if you come down make sure that you stop by have a beer with the RP Performance gang.
    [snapback]58458[/snapback]
    [/b]

You're on man! We'll be sure to stop by.

<!--QuoteBegin-dyoungre
    @Aug 15 2005
    ....and Ray? I&#39;ll bring bottles (and limes) this time
    Yah man, irie. The more the merrier.

Really. This sound like it&#39;s going to be a fantastic weekend and I can&#39;t wait to get there. Should be interesting since I&#39;ve never been within a hundred miles of the place. I better start watching some SP vids. Wouldn&#39;t want to be the first car on grid and pointed in the wrong direction
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

As someone else mentioned, paddock space is very, very tough to find at this event. This is the down side of such a large event. It might not be such a bad idea to contact your class driver&#39;s rep. or bribe someone from here that is local to save you a spot.
    Dave Gran

Anyone from the NY/NJ/Ct area heading down to Summit Point that could transport some wheels/tires for me? I need to get some wheels and tires to someone at the track. If anyone could help out w/ this, it would be greatly appreciated.

On that note, is there anyone from the area that could transport a Nissan 4-cyl engine, three van bench seats, and/or four mounted rains BACK from the Summit Point area? I&#39;ll chip in gas money, and if you want you can use my 24&#39; enclosed trailer...

Even if you can get them back to Jersey, that would save me a lot of driving time to go down there and pick them up later...

On edit: Bill, if I can&#39;t find someone to grab this stuff for me, I&#39;ll have ot take the van down later (at 12mpg!), possibly early September. If so, I&#39;ll be glad to take your stuff down for you...email me. - GA

Originally posted by GregAmy@Aug 20 2005, 12:13 AM
    On that note, is there anyone from the area that could transport a Nissan 4-cyl engine, three van bench seats, and/or four mounted rains BACK from the Summit Point area? I&#39;ll chip in gas money, and if you want you can use my 24&#39; enclosed trailer...

Even if you can get them back to Jersey, that would save me a lot of driving time to go down there and pick them up later...
    On edit: Bill, if I can&#39;t find someone to grab this stuff for me, I&#39;ll have ot take the van down later (at 12mpg!), possibly early September. If so, I&#39;ll be glad to take your stuff down for you...email me. - GA
    [snapback]58677[/snapback]
    Greg,

The wheels are for Evan, and he needs them for the Labor Day double.

The event is filling fast!! ITS/SSM is already FULL with 50 cars. ITA/ITB is filling rapidly with 46 - 31 ITA cars!!

Paddock space will be at a premium and I fear that the license keepers will be there in full force which means a plethora of cars (and drivers) that haven&#39;t been on track or even maintained since the 2004 Double MARRS! !
    Haz-Matt Racing

Hey Matt, can you list me on your crew?

Oh matt that does remind me....I need to call you about that weekend to figure out logistics.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Sound a lot like the last time we came down two years ago. Certainly makes for some interesting starts! I can&#39;t help but remember this one...

Jake F.&#39;s Summit Start

It was even worse further back in the field where I was. <_<
    Dave Gran

Angry

Originally posted by gran racing@Aug 24 2005, 12:00 PM
    Sound a lot like the last time we came down two years ago. Certainly makes for some interesting starts! I can&#39;t help but remember this one...
    I just squeaked by that one - my car is the GTi with the black rear and a white license plate that hugs the left side of the track. I vividly remember Andrew&#39;s car (the blue Integra) spinning off the track in my rear view mirror. While I hope this year&#39;s double is better, we have had similar starts already this year (Gregg and Billy at MARRS 5).

Bill Miller - no problem, I&#39;ll add you to my crew for a frosty adult beverage or 10
    Haz-Matt Racing