Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Summit Point – Labor Day Weekend Double

Originally posted by theracinglawyer@Sep 10 2005, 08:53 AM
    "The thing to remember is that we are all human and make mistakes. We are also all members of the same club and we need to treat our fellow members with respect and courtesy no matter how wrong or ignorant they may seem at the time"

Well said

Dave Parker, we need to keep saying this to ourselfs and all our friends in racing as it will make the sport that much more enjoyable.
    [snapback]59966[/snapback]

Mike

Thanks. It is not often that little gems like that come from me. But sometimes even the town idiot has something topical to say. I do honestly believe that statement is the way we should treat ALL of our fellow club members.

As I have said to another regular on this forum "Anything I will say in public I have already said to your face in private."

Thanks for coming by the store,too. It was good seeing both you and Mark.

cheers
    "dangerous" dave parker
    wdcr ITC#97
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

It's a long-time coming but I just wanted to post up Ray Lee Chee's video of the MARRS 8 (Sunday) ITA race.

http://www.ginsberg.org/video/marrs05/m8-9/m805.wmv

Sure, it's self-serving but he had a great race for his 1st time to Summit and, besides being right up front the whole time, had a great view of Kirk Dohne's and my battle. After Brett gave us a gift on lap one (and then took the track record in return), Kirk and I were door-to-door or nose-to-tail for most of the entire 16 laps and swapped the lead four times.

Enjoy!
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

And thanks to the generosity of others you can now get this much easier:

http://edomoto.com/racing/m805.wmv

No fancy lipstick cams here. Just a good ol' Sony digi 8 handycam that Kim was holding on to. Just kidding Hey Gregg, How about Mondays race where I actually went faster and also had some bangage at the end? ^_^
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

I didn't get your Monday race footage from Kirk, but we noticed one huge difference (which might account for your times)...as opposed to Kirk & I, you actually hit apexes

I was dealing with some serious understeer both days (esp. @ T5), having just gotten my shocks back from that God of Compression & Rebound, Lee Grimes. Unfortunately, I surmise they came back far different than they went out (not counting the straight rods).

You kicked ass for never having been there before and I look forward to running w/ you again. I'll definitely try to work my way up north next year as it looks like a given that MARRS is heading to Mid-Ohio for WOR Games. I have some unfinished business at the Glen.

Originally posted by Gregg@Sep 27 2005, 02:28 AM
    It's a long-time coming but I just wanted to post up Ray Lee Chee's video of the MARRS 8 (Sunday) ITA race.

http://www.ginsberg.org/video/marrs05/m8-9/m805.wmv

Sure, it's self-serving but he had a great race for his 1st time to Summit and, besides being right up front the whole time, had a great view of Kirk Dohne's and my battle. After Brett gave us a gift on lap one (and then took the track record in return), Kirk and I were door-to-door or nose-to-tail for most of the entire 16 laps and swapped the lead four times.

Enjoy!
    [snapback]61266[/snapback]

Thanks Greg for letting everyone see my F-up in turn three. My car left the track faster then I remember. See you guys at MARRS 10.
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    Summit Point 12 hour SM 1st place
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

No problem, Brett. After being humble enough to post mine from M1 it was the least I could do. :P
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep