Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Summit Point – Labor Day Weekend Double

Actually, Bill, my understanding is that after the latest upgrades designed to support AMB's DisplayIT hardware we are capable of moving data to MyLaps, as I brought this up at the Open Competition meeting at MARRS 5. Unfortunately T&S has made the decision to move our data to a personally owned web site that has no affiliation with the region. Besides not being as easy to track information as on MyLaps I fear that one day we'll go there for results or lap times and find the site MIA as happened with the 12hr website earlier this year.

So, what do you do w/ your clevis when you're not at the track? :P

Originally posted by EV@Sep 8 2005, 12:28 PM
    The timing system used by WDC is not compatible with mylaps I have heard .

It's nice of them you go though the effort to put it out somewhere don't you think?
    [snapback]59870[/snapback]
    concur! i appreciate the effort for t&s to post it...anywhere!

Originally posted by Gregg@Sep 8 2005, 01:37 PM
    Actually, Bill, my understanding is that after the latest upgrades designed to support AMB's DisplayIT hardware we are capable of moving data to MyLaps, as I brought this up at the Open Competition meeting at MARRS 5. Unfortunately T&S has made the decision to move our data to a personally owned web site that has no affiliation with the region. Besides not being as easy to track information as on MyLaps I fear that one day we'll go there for results or lap times and find the site MIA as happened with the 12hr website earlier this year.

So, what do you do w/ your clevis when you're not at the track? :P
    [snapback]59874[/snapback]
    Didn't know that... Wonder if they will look towards posting that information next season. Maybe with all your computer savy, you could volunteer to do that for T&S. Afterall, it's a club...

On the clevis, PM me. I will send you the video
    Enjoy,
    Bill

Originally posted by EV@Sep 8 2005, 11:31 AM
    On the clevis, PM me. I will send you the video
    [snapback]59881[/snapback]
    OK, maybe I don't want to know what you use your clevis for.

As for offering help, perhaps you'd like the transcripts of my offers of help to right the ship as far as the region's web affairs.

If you were listening at the Open Comp meeting, Bill, the T&S chief stated her dire opposition to posting to MyLaps. As you know, sometimes being a member of a club doesn't necessarily give you any sway in someone's little fiefdom.

Gregg

Actually, Bill, my understanding is that after the latest upgrades designed to support AMB's hardware we are capable of moving data to MyLaps, as I brought this up at the Open Competition meeting at MARRS 5.
    Although the transponder input is captured by AMB, all results are published using the Monitor T&S software. MyLaps cannot accept input from Monitor.

Unfortunately T&S has made the decision to move our data to a personally owned web site that has no affiliation with the region. Besides not being as easy to track information as on MyLaps I fear that one day we'll go there for results or lap times and find the site MIA as happened with the 12hr website earlier this year.
    Currently the DC Region results are posted on a web site ( http://www.offtotheraces.net ) donated by a region member and maintained by another region member. As you may have noticed, there has been some difficulty updating and maintaining the region web site in the past year. I am sure than when these problems are resolved, results will again be posted on the region site as they have been fro several years. Bill Stuart and Tom Hoffman have been posting these results and should be thanked for their support opf the MARRS series.

Terry

Agreed, Terry. We're all thankful, but some of us (OK, me) feel there might be a better way.

Originally posted by Gregg@Sep 8 2005, 03:17 PM
    Agreed, Terry. We're all thankful, but some of us (OK, me) feel there might be a better way.
    [snapback]59899[/snapback]

Especially in this day and age of computers. Nothings impossible. Sometimes you need to think outside of the box. For those of you that can't get into the box...... think
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Originally posted by Terry Hanushek@Sep 8 2005, 07:09 PM
    Gregg
    Although the transponder input is captured by AMB, all results are published using the Monitor T&S software. MyLaps cannot accept input from Monitor.
    Currently the DC Region results are posted on a web site ( http://www.offtotheraces.net ) donated by a region member and maintained by another region member. As you may have noticed, there has been some difficulty updating and maintaining the region web site in the past year. I am sure than when these problems are resolved, results will again be posted on the region site as they have been fro several years. Bill Stuart and Tom Hoffman have been posting these results and should be thanked for their support opf the MARRS series.

Terry
    [snapback]59897[/snapback]
    any idea when bill and tom will be able to post the labor day results? i have been surprised by how fast they they were getting up last few marrs. seems to be taking more time for labor day...hope all is well.

marshall

There are results over at the NESCCA homepage.........can be found off of the DC regions site

Originally posted by Tru55ell@Sep 8 2005, 10:56 PM
    There are results over at the NESCCA homepage.........can be found off of the DC regions site
    [snapback]59910[/snapback]
    i got paper copies of those from being there. i should have been more specific, i am looking for the lap time sheets that get posted to offtotheraces.net.

Originally posted by dave parker@Sep 7 2005, 06:39 PM
    But there was some really sketchy moves coming from the middle and back of the pack. And the officials did NOTHING!!!!
    [snapback]59819[/snapback]
    Well Dave, that makes me even more annoyed that the stewards were hassling me on my Novice permit, making me keep the stripes for Monday&#39;s race. They were concerned about the "notes" that I had for saturday and sunday, which consisted of twice pulling off the escape road in one, because of my stupid stripped out shift lever. (I now have one with real threads...) and once pulling off in a controlled manner inside the carosel because the ground to my fuel pump relay was bad and caused the car to stall. <_< Not as though I&#39;m a danger to myself and others here... Its been a race car for 15 years, its going to have these problems...
    -Nick &#39;73 Volvo ITB #8

Originally posted by rallyvolvo@Sep 9 2005, 02:43 AM
    Well Dave, that makes me even more annoyed that the stewards were hassling me on my Novice permit, making me keep the stripes for Monday&#39;s race.
    I&#39;m guessing that its just they way the are with Novice permits in WDCR. They asked me about a little off I had in 5 during the 12hr. I just explained it was due to a flat tire and they signed my book.

Originally posted by JoelG@Sep 9 2005, 09:48 AM
    I&#39;m guessing that its just they way the are with Novice permits in WDCR. They asked me about a little off I had in 5 during the 12hr. I just explained it was due to a flat tire and they signed my book.
    [snapback]59919[/snapback]
    That&#39;s exactly what the Stewards are looking for - cognitive awareness. There was a blissful lack of it during more than a few race groups during the OG Racing Labor Day double...
    Haz-Matt Racing

Some drivers feel the Stewards should take care of problem drivers when numberous calls and complaints have been recorded. Some Stewards feel the drivers should take care of it themselves (yet they often discourage protests). One approach that has worked when other attempts to "explain" to someone that their behavior isn&#39;t appredicated it to get together with your peers - like about 30-50 of them-and go to the other person&#39;s paddock area for a little "discussion" on improving some driving "skills". Often peer (gang) pressure will get the point across. If at the next race there is noticable improvement, make sure you take a little time to be friendly and sociable so the person knows they are back in the fold so to speak.

Nick
    Unfortunately you are mistaken in your perception. As I explained to you at your first race, your JOB when racing on a novice permit is to take the green flag and the checkered flag without incident. Meaning there should be no calls on the flaggers radio net about your car number. All of your stops on the side of the course resulted in calls on the flaggers radio net to race control with your car number being mentioned. So what occurred is that you did have "incidents" although they were not on track or metal to metal. But they made you keep your novice stripes on Monday because you did have an incident. For me, I will do a better job in the future explaining to driver&#39;s what "incident" means. I am sorry if I was unclear on this.

Now the next thing to discuss is how individual stewards handle things. Some just want an explanation, some will let stuff like that go, some get worked up about it. Unfortunately as drivers that is something that we have no control over. I have found that the most painless way to deal with stewards is to not argue the point with them. A good case in point is my disqualification at MARRS 4 for contact. The stewards held a hearing and found against me. I accepted their ruling that day without arguement, found additional evidence after the race weekend that exonerated me, and filed an appeal. The Court of Appeals found in my favor and overturned the disqualification. The thing to remember is that we are all human and make mistakes. We are also all members of the same club and we need to treat our fellow members with respect and courtesy no matter how wrong or ignorant they may seem at the time.

You had a good weekend. I think that once you get the mechanical issues with Sven sorted things will all come together for you. Good luck and keep your wits about you.

cheers
    "dangerous" dave parker
    wdcr ITC#97
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Gregg... You need to update your avatar.

"The thing to remember is that we are all human and make mistakes. We are also all members of the same club and we need to treat our fellow members with respect and courtesy no matter how wrong or ignorant they may seem at the time"

Well said

Dave Parker, we need to keep saying this to ourselfs and all our friends in racing as it will make the sport that much more enjoyable.

BE SAFE GO FAST HAVE FUN
    Love "the commander"
    Mike Cefalo

[B][I][U][SIZE=7]THANKS WORKERS!!!
    FROM WHAT I SAW YOU DID A HELL OF A JOB.
    dj10

Just wondering what happened to you on Monday? I was outside turn 6 and didnt see what happened to you. I was really hoping you would get that win!

Originally posted by Tru55ell@Sep 10 2005, 05:54 PM
    Just wondering what happened to you on Monday? I was outside turn 6 and didnt see what happened to you. I was really hoping you would get that win!
    [snapback]59969[/snapback]
    If you are writing to me. I blew a radiator hose, it started to go in 2 but let loose in the shute.