Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Point – Labor Day Weekend Double

Originally posted by Jake@Aug 30 2005, 01:41 AM
    It's really sad that they have to turn away people from this regional. Why not at least let people in the oversubscribed classes run a consolation race with SM if they qualify slowly?
    [snapback]59245[/snapback]

The problem if you look at the entries online is that almost every group is at the 50 car max. Except for the SRF and open wheel cars which might be at 80 cars for 3 groups. SM still has room but that is about the only group.
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    Summit Point 12 hour SM 1st place
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support

Originally posted by Bill Miller@Aug 20 2005, 05:26 AM
    Greg,

The wheels are for Evan, and he needs them for the Labor Day double.
    [snapback]58688[/snapback]
    Bill, if you can meet me somewhere halfway between us (I'm in Medford, NJ) today or tomorrow evening, I have space for wheels/tires and am heading down first thing Thurs for the land rush.

[email protected]

Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 29 2005, 07:57 PM
    I also forgot for those of you that will be there RP Performance will have a keg of beer Saturday night after the days events.
    [snapback]59242[/snapback]

Haz-Matt Racing

Originally posted by mgyip@Aug 30 2005, 10:11 AM

[snapback]59293[/snapback]
    I was wondering if anyone going to Summit Point this weekend had any crew spots open so I and a guest can at least watch Sunday's races. I was planning on racing this weekend but being a football coach has killed any chance for me to race in the fall. I am just trying to get my last fix, albeit watching, before the winter. Thanks in advance.
    Dan Rolfe
    EP Green BMW 2002

Originally posted by RP Performance@Aug 30 2005, 12:54 AM
    I did contact Beth and she said I wasn't registered. I got an email that said I was confirmed and the confirmation # was TBD. Guess it lied to me. All she said she could do was put me on a waiting list and she would know by Friday! Looks like I'm SOL!! Hell I'm not driving 170 miles to wait and see if I can race. I need to know by Wed. or my weekend is shot. I also tried to get #10 when I DID REGISTER, but it would not give me the number even though there is no #10 in the race.
    Looks like I'll have to race you guys at another track or next year.
    dj
    [

Once again someone does not get to race while the openn wheel cars get tow groups I agree Andy restricted regionals.

[snapback]59241[/snapback]
    I'm in , a ssm guy canceled & Beth called me. Thanks Beth!
    dj

Originally posted by dj10@Aug 30 2005, 07:12 PM
    I'm in , a ssm guy canceled & Beth called me. Thanks Beth!
    dj
    [snapback]59327[/snapback]
    dj - you are its right? what kind of car? do you need paddock space? i am the its "space controller" and i have room for one more, as long as you don't have a motorhome and massive enclosed rig...

marshall

Can somone save me a paddock spot?
    I have two free crew spots and a few beer's to offer.

I will be at the track around 6 or 7 Friday

ITA- RX7- #7

Any good recommendations on a bar in D.C.? Maybe something that has live music. (Not looking for a dance club.)
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

Originally posted by gran racing@Aug 31 2005, 10:47 AM
    Any good recommendations on a bar in D.C.? Maybe something that has live music. (Not looking for a dance club.)
    [snapback]59400[/snapback]
    In DC proper? Hmm - I'm partial to barley pops so I like places that specialize in I'd recommend R.F.D. (http://rfdwashington.com/) near the MCI Centre or it's parent, the Brickskeller (http://www.thebrickskeller.com/) on Embassy Row. Parking sucks near the Brickskeller but the beer makes it worth the trip. R.F.D. is close to the Metro and I'd recommend that form of transport since it's easier on both the wallet and the nerves.

Closer to Slummit Point is Old Dominion Brewery in Ashburn, VA (http://www.olddominion.com/) that has as brewpub that serves fairly decent food, especially compared to bar(f) food such as TGIFridays or Bennigans. There's also Thoroughbred's in Leesburg (http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/9819/) but I haven't tested them out yet - I have a coupon for the place but haven't made the pilgrimage.
    Haz-Matt Racing

Matt,

What is your email address? I still need to reserve some paddock space, I will be there very early sat. morning. Thanks.

Mark Carpenter
    GGS Racing.com
    FP Integra #38
    ITA Acura Integra #17 --SOLD--

UNC-Charlotte and CT

Originally posted by mlytle@Aug 31 2005, 01:23 AM
    dj - you are its right? what kind of car? do you need paddock space? i am the its "space controller" and i have room for one more, as long as you don't have a motorhome and massive enclosed rig...

marshall
    [snapback]59347[/snapback]
    BMW 325, yes I do need a paddock space. I have a 24' enclosed and a 3/4 T Silverado.
    Thanks guy I do appriciate this.
    dj

Originally posted by dj10@Aug 31 2005, 06:58 PM
    BMW 325, yes I do need a paddock space. I have a 24' enclosed and a 3/4 T Silverado.
    Thanks guy I do appriciate this.
    dj
    [snapback]59430[/snapback]
    you are set. replied to your email. cya at the track!

Bummed I can't make it.
    Have fun guys... looks like my next race will be the last MARRS race.

One last shot:

Anyone from the Jersey-NH area that is going to the event, that might be able to bring back three full-size van bench seats and a set of mounted rains? Even if you can't get it all the way to CT, partial carry would help on time and gas costs...

Thanks!

Originally posted by GregAmy@Aug 15 2005, 12:19 PM
    Actually, Bill, all the good places to eat are one exit up. Get on I-81 northbound and get off the next exit (about a mile, maybe less?). Turn right and there you'll find a mall and lots of eating places nearby. I seem to recall a Ruby Tuesday's there, maybe a Longhorn Steakhouse; you know, all the typical "around the mall" suburbia type of places.
    [snapback]58391[/snapback]
    Actually, that would be 1 exit SOUTH from VA 7, to Rte 50. Lots of places to eat around there, and more going up all the time. (I live here...) The only place to eat 1 exit north is Denny's, hardly better than Shoneys if you ask me. If you really want some good food, go down around the Loudon Street Mall. Brewbakers is a fine little pub type place, Sweet Carolines, and Cork Street Tavern. Follow Rte 11 thru town and you'll find it. For the guy asking about live music, Brewbakers and Sweet Carolines usually have live music Fri/Sat. How good it is depends on who's playing, and your personal taste...

And yes, those of you who saw the wreckage that was Sven after my little shunt last event, the car is back together and going on the trailer tonite. Lots of cutting and welding and cussing and painting and more cussing. Not bad for only having 3 weeks to put it back together.

-Nick
    -Nick '73 Volvo ITB #8

Angry

I saw you were registered - for getting the car back together - from my vantage point, it didn't look good when you went off.

I concur that the interchange of Rt 50 and I-81 has a plethora of restaurants representing both national chains (yuck) and local establishments . Not only that but that exit has TWO Waffle Houses

Seriously, there are two good Mexican restaurants at that exit on either side of the highway - on the east side is Los Toltecos and on the west side, near Wally World is El Ranchero. There's even a Japanese steak house and sushi shop next to the Martin's. Who'd of ever thought to find a Sushi joint in Winchester?

See you in group 5...
    Haz-Matt Racing

Any results/reports? Looks like the weather was perfect!

Originally posted by Bill Miller@Sep 5 2005, 10:10 PM
    Any results/reports? Looks like the weather was perfect!
    [snapback]59666[/snapback]

Yep! The weather was absolutely perfect and thanks for the tip on Shoneys. What a great time. Wonderful organization and a well run event. I'll have to sum it all up for you all later.

Sunday ITA
    1. Gregg Ginsberg.......1:28.379
    2. Kirk Dohne..............1:28.326
    3. Ray Lee Chee(me)...1:28.545
    4. Bret De Pedro..........1:27.79(New Track Record)***Whooo!

Sunday ITB
    1. Patrick Pegues.........1:31.785
    2. Charles Broring.......1:32.144
    3. David Toy...............1:32.105
    4. William Radford.......1:32.208

MondayITA
    1. Bret De Pedro.........1:28.0
    2. Gregg Ginsberg.......1:28.3
    3. Ray Lee Chee(me)...1:28.1
    4. Kirk Dohne..............1:28.3

Monday's times are strictly from memory and since I don't have a result sheet, I don't have the ITB results but i'm sure somebody does.

Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

Wish I could have been there.

Amazing lap times and a beautiful weekend. Great job Brett in earning the new lap record. Crazy fast.

Bill

Originally posted by ITAMiata@Sep 6 2005, 09:19 AM
    Wish I could have been there.

Amazing lap times and a beautiful weekend. Great job Brett in earning the new lap record. Crazy fast.

Bill
    [snapback]59679[/snapback]

Thanks Bill, It was a good weekend overall. My spin on Sunday just made me put my head down and drive the wheels off the car trying to get back to get a good points finish and the record lower. Don't forget Bill that the car is for sale and I will be posting an ad in the classified section soon. Maybe I will build a 1.8 for next year?
    Bret de Pedro
    RP Performance
    304-728-6749
    MARRS 2005 ITA Champion
    Summit Point 12 hour SM 1st place
    2004,2005,2006 SSM 2007
    Ask about our SM rentals
    and trackside support