Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Point – Labor Day Weekend Double

I can’t believe it is almost Labor Day already! But I have to say that I’m really looking forward to the Summit double weekend. There will be a few of us from the NER that will be making the trip down. We’ll be coming down on Friday evening and are looking for a inexpensive hotel / motel to stay near the track for that one night. Any recommendations?

Is there a Hoosier vendor at the track or another vendor that could mount & balance tires if need be?

I'm also curious who from IT.com will be at the event...

Here is the entry list... Summit Entry List
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

I'll be there with the MR2, and so will Joe with his Miata. ITA runs with ITB, so Dave - it's ON!!
    Jake Fisher : ITA MR2 #22 : www.racerjake.com

Appalacian Tire is usually at all of the MARRS races.

http://www.racetire.com

Assuming I get the two halves of my car glued back together, I'll be there.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

So far I think you guys (Namely Jake) talked me into going....not 100% yet but probably 90% sure. Bang for buck is great. Plus we get to sing John Denver songs on the drive down..........

Rob Breault
    ITA BMW Z3
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Yup - it's back to "who cares if I come in second to last or in first place as long as I beat that MR2!!!"

The RX-7s will also be on tour, right Jake G. and Dave Y.?
    Dave Gran
    Real Roads, Real Car Guys – Real World Road Tests
    Go Ahead - Take the Wheel's Free Guide to Racing

As long as Gregg doesn't make my car into 2 halfs this weekend , I'll be there for the double, along with 2 other ITC cars.
    Spanky | #73 ITA 1990 Honda Civic WDCR SOLD | #73 ITA 1995 Honda Civic WDCR in progress |
    ** Sponsored by J&L Automotive (703) 327-5239 | Engineered Services, Inc. http://www.EngineeredServices.com **

Isaac Rules | Build Pictures

Originally posted by gran racing+Aug 10 2005, 10:25 AM-->
    I'm also curious who from IT.com will be at the event...
    [snapback]58158[/snapback]
    [/b]
    Never been to Summit but since we're not following any particular schedule this year, we may just have to try and make the trip.

<!--QuoteBegin-Gregg

Assuming I get the two halves of my car glued back together, I&#39;ll be there.
    J B Weld fixes everything
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

Originally posted by spnkzss@Aug 10 2005, 11:18 AM
    As long as Gregg doesn&#39;t make my car into 2 halfs this weekend
    Gregg Spanky

:figo:
    Haz-Matt Racing

I don&#39;t think Ground Control will have my new shocks to me by then. I still have to transfer everything over to the new car (cage is done and I have new seat & belts), but I think all that will be finished before the shocks get here.

Anyone know a good graphics place? Instead of painting the car this time I&#39;m thinking of sticking a picture of one of the dogs working on the hood of the car.

Bill

Originally posted by moto62@Aug 10 2005, 05:06 PM
    Never been to Summit but since we&#39;re not following any particular schedule this year, we may just have to try and make the trip.
    NER ON TOUR BABY!!! Let&#39;s pack those fields.

Come one, come all. Remember to register early at:

http://www.wdcr-scca.org (the link&#39;s right at the top) or go directly to:

http://www.dlbracing.com/default.aspx?ClubID=40

As you know, the fields fill fast and we can only accomodate approx. 50 cars/group. I&#39;ve already registered both halves of my car separately in order to eliminate some competition.
    Gregg Ginsberg
    '96 Civic EX -- MARRS ITA #72
    WDCR-SCCA Rookie of the Year 2003
    MARRS ITA/T3 Drivers rep

Guest_Racerboy03_* Guest

Should be there for both races, looks like a lot of fun and another chance to try out a new track. With school starting in Charlotte, itll be tough but I should be there. Cmon Ray, I need someone else from the Acura gang down there!

Mark Carpenter
    ITA Acura Integra #17

Any recommendations on nearby hotel/motels? There are a few listed on the SP site but you never konw what they are like till you get there, like the &#39;Bates Motel&#39; :119: . What movie was that from? Not looking for anything too fancy. Just clean with a decent bed. I need my beauty sleep in order to have enough energy to tangle with the SP regulars.
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

If you like to camp, it&#39;s a big freaking party down there. SOme of the paddocks are more like a campground. Last time we were down there we camped right on the track (we were woke up by the hardship practice). Here&#39;s some pics of when me and Dave Gran were down there last time:

http://www.racerjake.com/Summit.htm

Originally posted by Guest_Racerboy03_*@Aug 11 2005, 02:27 AM
    Should be there for both races, looks like a lot of fun and another chance to try out a new track. With school starting in Charlotte, itll be tough but I should be there. Cmon Ray, I need someone else from the Acura gang down there!
    Mark Carpenter
    ITA Acura Integra #17
    [snapback]58215[/snapback]
    Shoney&#39;s in Winchester is fine, but you better hurry if you want a room (may already be too late). Make sure you mention the race/SCCA when you call for the reservation, there&#39;s a discount. Probably 20-30 min. from the track.

But, like Jake said, it&#39;s a big party if you camp.

Originally posted by Bill Miller@Aug 12 2005, 07:28 AM
    Shoney&#39;s in Winchester is fine, but you better hurry if you want a room (may already be too late). Make sure you mention the race/SCCA when you call for the reservation, there&#39;s a discount. Probably 20-30 min. from the track.

But, like Jake said, it&#39;s a big party if you camp.
    [snapback]58287[/snapback]
    Thanks Bill. Looks like camping is the way to go. Any showers at SP?
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

Originally posted by moto62@Aug 13 2005, 03:53 AM
    Thanks Bill. Looks like camping is the way to go. Any showers at SP?
    [snapback]58340[/snapback]
    Yup. They are ok, but can be a bit of a walk depending on where you setup camp.

labor day double at summit is a lot of fun, but please bring your patience and a willingness to share. summit is a pretty small track with limited paddock area. last year we had close to 400 cars at the event....there are about 200 paddock spaces......

traditionally this is our largest event of the year. since it is a double, all the "license renewers" come out of the woodwork to do their required time.

run group entries will be limited to 50, no waivers for more are anticipated.
    if a run group fills up, preference will be given to those that have already run more than two marrs races this year.

see you there!
    marshall
    marrs its class driver&#39;s rep

Shoneys it is. We decided to hotel it but we most certainly will stick around for any partying at the track. So, are there any other Northeast folks making the trip down? Are there any convenient stores nearby? How about Dunkin Donuts? Are there any of those in close proximity? Where can a guy get a good steak? Is there food at the track? Coronas for everyone. YEAAAH! Do I ask too many questions? Damn! It sucks to be spoiled
    Ray Lee Chee
    rleechee at comcast.net
    Oxford, Ct

Originally posted by moto62@Aug 15 2005, 05:04 AM
    Shoneys it is. We decided to hotel it but we most certainly will stick around for any partying at the track. So, are there any other Northeast folks making the trip down? Are there any convenient stores nearby? How about Dunkin Donuts? Are there any of those in close proximity? Where can a guy get a good steak? Is there food at the track? Coronas for everyone. YEAAAH! Do I ask too many questions? Damn! It sucks to be spoiled
    [snapback]58384[/snapback]
    There are a few places to eat around Shoney&#39;s. McD&#39;s and DD just down the road. As far as a &#39;good steak&#39;, I guess that depends on your criteria. I hardly think a &#39;good steak&#39; in Va. / WV would be the same as one in Kansas City.